Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. licensed midwives

I am a mother who has a lovely "failure to progress" listed on my medical report on the birth of my daughter. When really, it was a failed unnecessary induction full of bantering by nurses who did not care a thing about me. The doctor did not even come to the hospital for the 14_ hours while I labored, stuck to my bed, even though I wanted to walk and be able to use my body to help progress the labor that my body was not even ready for.

I have had a VBAC, attended by hospital midwives. I want…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Your opinions are important to us, but this is not the correct place to leave them. Please use the Survey available at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YX8VYBP so your comments can be considered in the pending changes concerning midwives.

3. Your online provider, vital records check, is a scam.

I tried to obtain a birth certificate through them. I submitted all documentation requested via their website and got confirmation of receipt. They charged my card, and then cancelled my order. There is no way to get in touch with a person, and will not correct their error. What a scam, and one endorsed and supported by the state of Arizona, no less.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unbelievable that the state's mistake is coming out of my pocket for my son's birth certificate.

Do not charge for spelling errors. In no way should the state charge $30 per correction. Should be one fee for corrections. Makes me want to sue the state for over charging their citizens for their mistakes.

I've spent hours trying to get this corrected. I've called and left messages. I've gone to the office. Nothing works with this office. No one wants to help. They sit there talking to each other about what they did they day before. GET TO WORK! Stop wasting my tax money.

Jan Brewer, is this what my tax dollars are going towards? Why would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Vital Records office at ADHS, how a record is modified and how much it costs are all governed by statute and rule. The requirements vary based on a number of factors including the type of correction/amendment, why the correction/amendment is necessary, what information had been provided to the Office of Vital Records when the birth record was originally registered and how much time has elapsed since the record was registered. Specific information is available at: http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/amend_08.htm. We do have staff available to answer questions during business hours; please call 602-364-1300.

5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You did not send me the death certificate we ordered

make it easier to get hold of a live person.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. list deceased persons

I would like to know if there is some way I could find out if someone has past away. I would not ask for a death certificate....just a date if they have in fact, died. Is that under public notice? Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Arizona death records are confidential until 50 years after the year of death. If the death occurred less than 50 years ago, the Office of Vital Records cannot share that information except through the process of issuing a certified copy of the death record. Only those individuals eligible under Arizona statute to receive a certified copy of a death record will receive one.

Deaths that occurred more than 50 years ago are public record and can be searched for at http://genealogy.az.gov/

In addition, you may search the Social Security Death Index to see if that site has information on a death that is less than 50 years ago.

8. Search of AZ Birth & Death records is unresponsive.

System is unresponsive with new updates

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Arizona is a closed record state. Only certain people are able to obtain copies of birth and death certificates. We do have an excellent website for death records that are old enough to be released: http://genealogy.az.gov/

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. arksasas

hi my name is jesica atwood i was born in tucson arizona and i need a certified copy of my birth certificate

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it easier to report a reoccurring offender of salmonella distributor.cases

I have been trying to report this store for years and a death will more tan likely occur or has already if someone doesn't do something about it. This sent to the Frys store today May 5th 2012:
    For years I have shopped at the frys store at 43rd Ave. and McDowell in Phoenix Az. I have had salmonello at least 3 times from their eggs. The policy of taking good eggs from cartons with broken eggs and transferring them to other cartons changes the date of the eggs from the carton they are put in. Years ago they make…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can file a complaint with Maricopa County Environmental Services. Their phone number is 602-506-6616 or you can file a complaint on-line at
    http://www.maricopa.gov/EnvSvc/Complaints/Forms/ComplaintInput.aspx. They will look into this problem.

From a food safety perspective, thorough cooking is an important step in making sure eggs are safe. Eggs should be cooked until they are firm and not runny, this will kill the harmful bacteria.

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It would be helpful for us to have more information. You can reach us by phone at 602-364-1300, email at webovr@azdhs.gov or mail at Office of Vital Records, Post Office Box 3887, Phoenix, Arizona, 85030.

13. There needs to be a way to actually speak to to a person or email

I mailed an application for a death certificate but forgot to put the check in the envelope. I would like to pay by phone or send the check but i need to \speak to some one and when i called i was disconnected twice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each case is different. The time needed to register a death record depends on a number of issues such as how long it takes the medical certifier to complete the cause of death information, or the time it takes if the record requires input from the county medical examiner as well as other factors. The county health department in the county where the death occurred should be able to provide you with some assistance.

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am dumb founded

My Idea is this, I can not believe what the ADHS has put me through to get my deceased husband's death certificate. I have been trying to get this certificate since July of 2011. it is funny how I had to do all the leg work for this department, just to get a lovely letter saying that i was not listed as the spouse on the death certificate and was not eligible as spouse. I had to laugh so hard at the fact that the state of Arizona Department Vital Records did not recognize the legal Marriage Certificate issued to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing additional information to our staff. We are addressing your situation.

The Arizona Office of Vital Records issues only birth and death certificates. It does not issue marriage certificates.
    To be eligible as the spouse to receive a certified copy of a death certificate, the surviving spouse must provide documentation that they were in fact married to the decedent at the time of death.
    A marriage certificate alone does not provide sufficient proof that the marriage was still intact at the time of death. In this particular case the death certificate marital status must be in conflict with the applicant’s claim of being the spouse.
    If the information regarding the marital status (which is provided by the informant on the death record) is in error, the applicant may file for a correction to the death record with the Office of Vital Record’s Death Registry.
    If the marital…

17. Costs are not clear on the certificate of death and stillbirth certificate.

Please be more clear about the costs so I know how much to send in.

What if want it to be sent by regular mail? What is that cost? Do I add the$10 processing cost plus the mail costs? If I want two copies is it $10 each or $10 total?
    I suggest that you have two separate boxes or lines
    1. Processing Cost of $___ for each (or is it for as many as we want?)
    Plus
    2. Shipping cost
    Regular mail
    Expedited (and list all the categories)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The website for the Arizona State Office of Vital Records is:

http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/index.htm

Once you are at that website you can select “Death Certificates” on the left side of the page. From there you can select information on fetal death and certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth. The information will tell you who is eligible to apply and also includes the form to complete to apply.

When you apply directly to the State Office of Vital Records the fee for one copy of a fetal death certificate is $20.00 and the fee for a copy of a certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth is $20.00. The certificate fee includes the cost of sending the order by regular mail.

If you were trying to place your order through a third party provider for expedited services (e.g. VitalChek), that company charges additional fees for processing and for UPS delivery. VitalChek can be accessed…

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Needing a birth certificate

I live in Sioux City, IA, and I need to get a state ID, and a drivers license. In the state of Iowa you need your birth certificate and SSC to obtain this. I was born in Phoenix, AZ and do not have my original birth certificate. I came to this website and called the office to try and get it mailed to me, but you cant unless you have the necessary identification. which I do not. I cant obtain any of the necessary identification with out my birth certificate, so how can I or people like me go about…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For applicants who do not have the required identification required for an Arizona birth certificate they can complete the Application for an Arizona Birth Certificate and have their signature notarized. The notarized application and the fee can then be submitted to the State Office of Vital Records for processing. The birth certificate application form can be found at
    http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/index.htm

20. RE: Death Certificates

Need a link or list the County fee on the "Apply for a Death Certificate" Page. I had to search around the web site to find it. And, the online service section confuses that issue as these are separate fees.
    Also, need to be more explicit as to where to mail an application. I assume I can mail it to ANY office, but that is not clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of the fees are listed on the Fee Schedules page (a tab on the left). Because Counties may have different fees, you have to click on the County to ensure the proper address and fee for each one separately. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base