ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

1. Rise up to this century and do this online

Online ordering of birth certificates like WA and OR

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

The Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records does not accept online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. We do not endorse any other internet ordering service. VitalChek can be reached either through its website, or by phone. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®.

If you order through Vital Check please note that additional feess will be billed to your credit card. The information is listed on the site below.

http://www.azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records/index.php#birth-certificates-apply

2. Show fees on website!

Trying to fill out you form, which asks for amount of money to be sent to you, but there is nowhere to get this information in order to include it on the form.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Response:
    The fee for an Arizona birth or death certificate varies depending on the county in which you submit your application. The fees for each county can be located on the Arizona Department of Health Services, Vital Records Home Page by selecting the Fee Schedule located in the left tool bar, or by selecting the box in the center of the Vital Records Home Page titled “Local Counties & Fee Schedules”. You can also contact the Bureau of Vital Records at (602) 364-1300 and speak to a Customer Service Representative to obtain fee information.

3. Please update your records

Credit Karma

JEREMYJAMESMANERY JEREMYJAMESMANERY
    Personal Information
    Public Profile
    Security Settings
    Communications & Monitoring
    Help Center
    Logout
    Home My Recommendations 3 Credit Cards Loans Insurance Debt Solutions Reviews Community Articles Tools Trends Blog
    Overview
    Credit Factors
    Credit Reports
    Recommendations
    Collections
    Track Spending
    View Report From:
    Print this Report
    Credit Report
    Provided by
    Advertiser Disclosure
    Items For Your Review
    Full Credit Report
    Open Collections Accounts (3)
    Using Over 30% of Limit (1)
    Missed Payments in History (1)
    Remarks on Accounts (1)
    Multiple Recent Inquiries (3)
    Recent Address Change (2)
    Employers Reported (2)
    Overview Accounts Credit Inquiries Collections Public Records
    Back to Full…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Good

Where can I get a copy of my first certificate . I live in Peoria,AZ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. records of live birth, name info for January 19 1983

Certificate of live birth has alteration on specified name location has been modified with what seems liquid white out. Or liquid paper corrector. I would like to know the original name given on the certificate at time of certification and sealed by facility where the delivering of live birth occurred. The information following the specified name location all seems original information given on the certificate the remaining information on the certificate is as follows...... January 19 1983
    8:22 AM at the Mohave General Hospital

Bull head City, Kingman Arizona.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for contacting the Arizona Department of Health Services, Vital Records. In order to best answer questions you have regarding an Arizona birth certificate please call our office directly at (602) 364-1300.

6. Money order to who?

when making out a money order for the birth certificate, who to I make it out to? The place I'm sending the request to?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for contacting the Arizona Department of Health Services. When applying for a birth certificate and sending a money order please ensure the money order is for the exact amount and made payable to the Office of Vital Records. Should you have further questions please visit our website at http://azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records/index.php or you may call (602) 364-1300.

7. Birth certificate

Hello!
    My baby was born few days ago. How can I get a birth certificate online?
    What should I have to do?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. May DES request death certificates via email rather than fax or regular mail?

We are thinking of making electronic death certificate requests, along with electronic requests for medical records and other information required for mortality review.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Email requests are not acceptable pursuant to A.R.S. 36-324 and R9-19-402. Requests for vital records must be in writing and contain the applicant’s signature.
    The Bureau of Vital Records has a government liaison to assist government agencies in making requests for birth and death certificates. You may contact our office at 602-364-1300 and request to speak to the government liaison for further information on making such requests.

9. give us the ability to search the records for a date of death, without applying for a death certificate.

there is no place for me to see when my mother passed several years ago in AZ. I live in GA & it's impossible for me to go down to the courthouse and look through records. I don't want a certificate of death, only to know when she died. i don't think i should have to pay for this service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your inquiry. Arizona is a “closed record” state which means that vital records are protected and not public record until the statutory timelines lapse. Before these timelines lapse, Arizona law requires the Arizona Department of Health Services to follow the standard process for verifying eligibility and issuance of death certificates.
    Arizona law allows these records to become public after the following timelines; seventy-five years after the person’s birth and fifty years after the person’s death. The Department makes these records available on the Arizona Genealogy website at http://genealogy.az.gov/. If you have additional questions or concerns please contact us at 1-888-816-5907.

10. Loss of record in shipping

I ordered a copy of my birth certificate through Vital Check. The order was processed and shipped express delivery, but the package did not require a signature for delivery. The package was delivered to a different, incorrect, location/address and just left on a doorstep. When I notified Vital Check and UPS, they both blamed the other party for the issue and have refused to resolve the issue of a missing birth certificate, which has been delivered to who knows where. Both companies also refuse to take responsibility for covering identity theft protection after losing a long form birth certificate. The…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VitalChek is an independent company that we have partnered with to provide expedited services to our customers. Customers placing orders using this service should receive the same level of excellent customer service as if they placed their order directly with our office. If a customer has received less than satisfactory service they are encouraged to contact the Arizona Bureau of Vital Records office at 602-364-1300 and request to speak with a manager to report and resolve their issue.

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We’re passing it along to the Office of Vital Records for consideration.

12. keep it on line,as it's to hard for us older people to go down town.

It is so much easier to view or order on line.. We need this for all vital records.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re hopeful to provide this service in the future. In the meantime, records are available online through VitalChek.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We cannot post one fee schedule on the front page because fees may be different depending on where you apply for the certificate. There is a page that lists the fees for birth certificates linked off the same page as the application.

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Office of Vital Records would like to provide a thorough response to your question; therefore, more detailed information is required such as the registrant’s name that currently is listed on the birth record, date of birth and mother’s maiden name. Please contact the Office of Vital Records at 602-364-1300 and ask for the Corrections Unit or you can login to the website and send an e-mail to the WEBOVR. Thanks for your inquiry.

15. Email to direct office

I NEED SOMEONE A CONTACT PERSON
    FOR DEATH CERT. I MAIL FOR A DEATH CERT ON 2/15/2013
    I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A LETTER OR ANYTING

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Depending on when you ordered the copy of the death certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 7-10 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

16. Correct your form

The PO Box you have listed on your death certificate request is wrong - it shows PO Box 2111 but your web site shows PO Box 3887

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. It may seem a little confusing, but the PO Box 3887 listed on our website is for the State Office of Vital Records. PO Box 2111 lis isted on the application is for the Maricopa County Office of Vital Registration. That is because you can apply for a copy from either agency. So they are both correct when you are looknig for a copy of death certificate for Maricopa County.

17. Online certificate re-order

Allow persons listed on the death certificate to re-order more online by number with a credit card listed to that person to the address listed on the certificate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At present, Arizona rules don’t allow the public to submit on-line orders for death records. While that may change at some point in the future, until it does an order for a death certificate can be submitted by mail. The Arizona Department of Health Services website for vital records provides the details for how to place such an order.

18. Birth Ceertificate

You refer people to VitalCheck if copy is needed fast or they can't come to the office. You should find another way you paythese people an arm and a leg but never get the birth certificate. Not olny that they promose to send by a delivery service. The hole thing is a rip off do you guys get a cut of the money or something. I feel like calling the States Attorney or maybe channel 5 or both. Now these people have a copy of my drivers license and my Uniformed Services ID Card that makes me a target for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We process mail applications for birth and death certificates, but it does take time. We suggest people allow 15-20 business days from when we receive a completed application before they can expect to receive the copy. If people need it sooner, Vital Check is an option.

19. your phone # is never working/poor customer service.

I have been calling for weeks to your office on 19th ave and once a selection is entered phone call disconnects. The 2 times that I have been in to the office the customer service has been extremely poor. I had to deal with employees rudeness and after all I still have not received a copy of the birth certificate, ordered since 11/14/12.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know about the phone situation. We had some work done yesterday and believe it is fixed now. In the meantime, someone will be contacting you through your email about your specific concerns.

20. Make new birth certificate form available online

Please make the PDF form for a new birth certificate available online to fill out in advance prior to going to vital records. There is only a form to request a copy, not new. The for we received from the hospital after the birth of our child was lost and having it online would have saved us time and hassle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Request for a Copy of a Certified Birth Certificate form is located on our website at http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/documents/application-certificate-birth.pdf. This form has always been located on the website and it is in fillable form so that you may type in most of the information, print and sign it. The term “copy” refers to the certified birth record/certificate. If you have any further questions concerning purchasing certificates, please call the Office of Vital Records at 602-364-1300. Thanks for your inquiry.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base