ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

1. my brother died in az 1-16-2015 how do i get his death record

I live in Michigan and am broke and I need the certificate for his insurance threw general motors I did't know he was that ill he never told any family, his insurance sent me a letter. and they said he died their should be a better way than a letter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. HELP - phone number 888-816-5907 options are in a loop

I am trying to contact a customer support agent and when i click the option number(5) it returns me to the main menu. Nothing I can do will get me to a customer support agent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Purged files

How often do you purge your DEATH files and also MOVED AWAY files??

Aren't they supposed to be purged every year so they don't show up on the voting records????? What is the law on this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

We aren’t responsible for maintaining or updates voting registration the appropriate agency is the Arizona Secretary of State. However, our Office of Vital Records is responsible for registering and preserving vital records, consisting of Birth, Death and Fetal Death events in the State of Arizona.

4. Birth records

I just need one. For Andre Pierre Goode, 8/8/2010. He was born at chandler hospital.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Arizona is a closed record state and only certain people can have copies of birth certificates. Because of that there are certain steps to go through to have a copy. Please visit the website for more information: http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/birth-certificate/obtain.htm
    If you qualify, you can reach out by mail order or go to a county vital records site to have one made.

5. Please provide a listing of ALL deaths (obituaries) by date.

I can't find a listing of all obituaries or notices of death, by individual. The Republic provides PAID obituaries but there are a many other decedents that should have notice of passing as part of the public record. Having a search function, by name, presumes one knows who has passed on. A complete listing of deaths, by date and name, is sorely needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We cannot help you with this request. Arizona is a closed record state. We are not allowed to release information about deaths except to specific individuals.

6. Have received UNCERTIFIED copies of Birth Certificate/NEED CERTIFIED COPY

I am writing on behalf of an 18 year old student who has been trying to obtain his certified birth certificate. He has sent in requested document/money and receives uncertified copies. As a result he cannot obtain his driver's license in Tx. Could someone please clarify this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear of the trouble the applicant is receiving in obtaining a certified copy of his birth certificate. The State of Arizona is considered a closed record state so we are unable to release specific information to you unless you meet the eligibility requirements. The Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records would be happy to assist the applicant with his questions. Please share the following phone number and website for the applicant to obtain more information (888) 816-5907 or (602) 364-1300. http://azdhs.gov/vital-records/

7. Birth Certificate status?

I am a case worker in Wilmington, Delaware and have been working with my client to obtain his birth certificate so that he is able to get housing. I ordered the certificate from vitalchek.com, and everything was going fine until he got an email stating that the order had been voided. I contacted vitalchek.com and they said something on the certificate did not match the information that my client gave them. They could not give any further detail. I tried to call Arizona vital records, but when trying to speak with a representative, I found that I would just be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If an applicant provides information that does not match the record we have on file, we will not fulfill the order. This is for the protection of our registrants, to ensure we do not issue a record to somebody who is not entitled to the record. Without knowing what selection the caller is making that is not allowing her to get through on our customer service line, it is difficult to give direction as to how to contact our office and speak to a representative. The customer may want to send an email to the WEBOVR@azdhs.gov email address which will get her issue directed to the operations manager who oversees issuance of birth and death certificates.

8. Birth Certificate Phone Tree Needs to be fixed

I am wholly frustrated. I am an attorney Guardian ad Litem representing a permanent court ward in Michigan who needs a copy of her birth certificate from Pima County. After numerous attempts by her DHS worker and foster parent, still no birth certificate. When I try to call to follow up, if you press "5" in the phone tree to speak to a representative, it starts you back at the beginning of the phone tree, no matter how many times you push "5". Super frustrating. How do I speak to a live body who will tell me what needs to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for making us aware of the phone system. We will reach out to you directly about this specific situation.”

9. Information Parity

On the Application for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate it states at the bottom to "PLEASE INCLUDE A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH YOUR REQUEST", while the http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/birth-certificate/apply.htm page to apply by mail, does not list this requirement.

Please update one or the other to show consistent instructions.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback to better improve the Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records website. We apologize if you found information confusing. The information pertaining to needing a self-addressed stamped envelope included with an application for a birth certificate is correct and is required to be included in every application. We will work to incorporate your feedback and improve the consistency of our website. Should you have further questions please feel free to contact the Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records directly at (602) 364-1300.

10. You need to provide printable versions of the info on this site.

I am trying to provide the information on the Apply for a Birth Certificate page to a client, but I can't print off the important information found on the side bar, which includes your physical and mailing address. This side bar does not print.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your comment. Our system is not set up for printing the information on the left navigation. The best option would be to take a screen grab of the page and print that. You could also highlight the information and paste into an email or document for printing.

11. Post email addresses

I'm trying to email someone who deals with public health records in Arizona, and there are no email addresses available anywhere on this website. Not posting email addresses is very frustrating, and not usual policy for a state agency.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please let us know the type of public health data you need and we will find the right area and person to direct you to. Thanks

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. offer alternatives for shipping

I am attempting to order a copy of my sons birth certificate. The only option for shipping is 18.00 airmail. Like you I am not home during the day, I am working. I have a locked mailbox and I do not understand why I am paying 18.00 to ship a piece of paper from Phoenix to Scottsdale?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  benjamin.palmer responded

ADHS, at this time, does not have web-ordering available for general issuance. We offer web-ordering for expedited service thru our vendor Vital Check that does charge a shipping fee. You may apply in person at the Maricopa County Office of Vital Registration, they have multiple valley locations.

14. birth certificates out of state

why is it i can order from a third party and get certified copies overnight but can't get one from you?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to serve our citizens in a timely manner.

15. web site hard to use. i am from out of state looking to get my wifes birth certificate. hard to find where to write and what is needed.

can you connect with other states vital records to get a certified copy. records office to records office if picked up in person by authorized agent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show how to order forms

Where do I get the application for a birth certificate?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Contact the Arizona Department of Health Services at 602-364-1300 for more information.

17. vital records question - proof of applying for a birth certificate

Hello,

I would like to obtain a statement showing when an application for an infant's birth certificate was submitted to Pima County in 1985. I wish to show the passport office that the birth certificate was applied for in in a timely manner after the birth. How would I get a written statement from your office?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. more information on the web site addresses,what can go where

I have my amend papers birth certificate add middle name, ready to mail. Where do I mail it to?
    Can I also amend here in Mohave County Department of Public Health Vital Records?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please visit azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records and click on the tab that says “corrections and amendments.” There will be an option to correct a birth certificate.

19. not easy to find

I need my middle name put back on my Birth Certificate, to do this a need a certified copy of court order with raised seal. I was born here in Kingman [at the old Kingman Hospital] Mohave General Hospital

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To obtain the birth certificate of my grand mother, I need the date of her birth, but I only know the year, what can I do?

Hello! I only know the year of my grandma´s birth, what can I do to obtain her birth certificate?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please complete the application with as much information as possible so that a search for the record can be conducted. We will make every effort possible to locate the record based on what you provide in the application.
    Include the names of the parents and the county where the registrant was born if this information is available.

If a record is located and you meet the eligibility requirements, a certified copy will be issued to you. If we are unable to locate the record, a certificate of no record will be issued. Please see our website for the eligibility requirements for requesting a birth certificate.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base