Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

222 results found

1. I have been around Medical Marijuana for about 5 years!

What happened to a smaller government??? the 25 mile rule I feel is a violation of My Arizona constitutional right to protect my self from monopolies!! And a dispensary is a form of or can be sold as a franchises.

9. Irrevocable grants of privileges, franchises or immunities
    Section 9. No law granting irrevocably any privilege, franchise, or immunity shall be enacted. 13. Equal privileges and immunities
    Section 13. No law shall be enacted granting to any citizen, class of citizens, or corporation other than municipal, privileges or immunities which, upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

ADHS did not set the 25 mile rule. It was in the initiative passed by the voters and made law. You can find it 36-2804.02. Registration of qualifying patients and designated caregivers. We will enforce that part of the law once dispensaries are in operation, unless there is a change in the statute.

2. 25 mile rule conflicts with Prop 106

25 mile rule should be amended/removed. This is why:

Besides the fact that it is unconstitutional and that dispensaries will create a monopoly, it is in direct conflict of Prop 106 that was recently passed. Here is a quote about prop 106:

Proposition 106 was proposed to amend the Arizona Constitution by barring any rules or regulations that would force state residents to participate in a health-care system.

The fact that I would be forced to go to a Dispensary rather than produce myself, is forcing me to participate in a health care system.

That is already known

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters included the 25 mile requirement. Until that law is changed by voters, the legislature, or there is a judicial ruling, ADHS must enforce the law as written.

3. make this site more clear, there's too much and with what I have, I don't always get it

I can't find the amt it's going to cost to renew my card. I was told it may be less, but I don't know. Also, it appears there is dispensary in Yuma now, which would put me within 25 miles (Yuma's not that big!) So I can't grow now anyway. But you don't list dispensaries, and according to what I read, you won't for those of us who can cultivate...but I can't because of where hubby works. conflict of interest. Can the card be changed if the dispensary really exists?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you apply for renewal, you can ask to cultivate. ADHS will check your address with any that of any/all operating dispensaries at that time. If there is one operating within 25 miles of the patient’s address, ADHS will not authorize you to cultivate. At this time, there are no operating dispensaries in the state. Also, the cost to renew a card is the same as the initial fee.

4. i have recently been cut of of my pain medications ( oxycodone) due to my docter refering me to get a card

how am i to get my pain medications along with the fact i have a medical marajuna card??

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are no restrictions from ADHS about what doctors prescribe or recommend. You may want to speak to your doctor about your health condition.

5. Help for Fixed income clients

Will ahcccs be helping disabled, chronic pain clients ever get assistance in obtaining medical marijuana, like they do with Morphine, Duregesic Patch, Oxycontin, etc

And help with the cost of a card?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since medical marijuana is still a federally controlled substance, it will not be a benefit of the federally provided insurance programs run through the state, AHCCCS. The other drugs you mention have been approved by the FDA and are prescribed through a regulated system.

6. Lower the cost for people on low income social security disability

Lower the cost of the medical marijuana license for people on low income social security disability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS set the prices as low as possible when we began the program. As things settle, we may evaluate to see if we can change the price of patient cards. The qualifying patient cards are half-price for those on Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – formerly called Food Stamps).

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When ADHS began issuing the registry identification cards for qualifying patients and designated caregivers, we set a price to cover all the expenses. Because of public comment, we did establish a discount for people who received SNAP. When the program reaches a point where it costs less to produce the cards, we will consider lowering the cost for qualifying patients.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When applicants for dispensary licenses apply, they will need to provide a business plan. Many times insurance is part of that plan to protect the investment.

9. Deny Dispensaries Service!!

Does the Department of Health of Arizona have the ability to DENY services to applicants in Arizona?

Many patients in Arizona suggests the Arizona Department of Health services DENY all applicants for dispensaries until the UNCONSTITUTIONAL "25 Mile Rule" is repealed or changed.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned previously, the voters passed the 25-mile rule in the initiative.

10. Post Important info on website..

At this time there is NO way for a patient to know when a dispensary might open within 25 miles of their residence. There should be a place on the Dept. of Health website listing dispensaries and a circle of the area (25 miles) showing what patients will not be able to cultivate.
    The current measure notices the patient upon their annual renewal if a dispensary is open within 25 miles of where they live. What about all the money invested in cultivating your own medicine? The current measures will create a BURDEN on the patient.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, ADHS has no idea where dispensaries will open either. When a dispensary begins operating, people living within the 25-mile radius will be notified.

11. "25 Mile Rule" is Unconstitutional

What happens to patients cultivation rights when a dispensary opens within 25 miles of a patients address? How will the patient be noticed? How long do they have to stop cultivation?

Please explain the plan!!

When the first dispensary OPENS near me I will file a LAWSUIT against that dispensary and The State of Arizona.

Arizona Constitution

Article 2 Section 13

Equal privileges and immunities:
    Section 13. No law shall be enacted granting to any citizen, class of citizens, or corporation other than municipal, privileges or immunities which, upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all citizens or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each qualified patient will be notified upon their annual renewal if a dispensary is open within 25 miles of where they live. If you renew with a request to grow and there is not a dispensary open within 25 miles you will be able to continue to grow. The final rules for the dispensaries are still being developed so you will want to check back to our agency website for new developments. At this time we do not have a date for the completion of the final rules and no dates for when the Department will be able to license dispensaries.
    The 25-mile rule was part of the Initiative passed by the voters, as such is set in law.

12. Employers not following the law, what to do?

Recently, my place of employment decided to change its position to not allowing medical marijuana cards. Though many attempts have been made to explain that this is illegal (unless they are losing federal funds or a federal contract), they have decided to stay with this decision. 
      There needs to be a page where the patients can report a company, if they feel the company is not following the MMJ laws. The state could then send a letter to the employer, explaining the laws and penalties for discrimination.
      There is a page for companies to check the verification of the patients,
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When voters passed the Medical Marijuana Act, there were very specific things set for ADHS to do. ADHS does not have any authority over employers so it wouldn’t be appropriate to have a page on the ADHS website to report employers. This may be something you would want to speak about with an attorney.

13. Clarify the caregiver's process for adding a patient

Do you notify the designated caregiver via email once you have received and approved an application/change from a patient.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is handled by the patient – see the process below:
    If you are an existing qualifying patient, you can add a caregiver only if you did not previously have a caregiver apply online officially as your designated caregiver.
    If you had a caregiver and want to replace them, you would “replace caregiver”. To add or replace your current designated caregiver, go to the change application on the ADHS medical marijuana website at: https://medicalmarijuana.azdhs.gov/ChangeApplicationSearch.aspx

In order to make the change, you must enter in your card number and first and last name exactly as it appears on your card. It is important to note that ONLY the qualifying patient can make this change. The designated caregiver always follows the lead and wishes of the associated patient.

Once you have successfully added or replaced the caregiver, you should let the newly designated caregiver know he must still come back onto the …

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the qualified patient registration

azdhs would better serve its customer base by excepting both online and mail-in application. for the price we pay it's the least you can do. the process if far more complicated than it needs to be. many of the mistakes made should be rectified immediately. paper work is messy but less mistakes are made doing things the old fashion way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your comment, but ADHS decided to only accept applications online to more quickly and efficiently handle the process.

16. You should post when there are technical issues with this site

You should clearly post when there are technical issues present on this site. I was sent the link to do my application and pay. I continued to get an error message. So I came directly to your site thinking maybe I had been taken for my money...lol But NO the link from your site also gives you the exact same error message when you try to access the patient application. There are sites that tell you that they know that their site is down and approx how long before it will be back up and working. I think that would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for suggestion – we have now started posting boxes on our homepage when we will be doing maintenance to the system.

17. stop caregivers

open up the dispensaries. the people voted it passed. caregivers are making lots of money that does not get reported. they need to let the state make the money not some slim bag that cheats people and the state. WAKE UP.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Clarify how you can "provide an uninterrupted supply of meds".

How can I maintain an "uninterrupted supply of medication," when I can only possess 2.5 onces at a time. It takes 6-8 months for a plant to mature and you would have to have a plant mature every 2 weeks to maintain this. What am supposed to do with the excess, as a plant will produce far more then that at one time. Can I drop off the extra with you or at the police station and pick up my 2.5 ounces bi-weekly? I am trying to abide by the law, but unable to figure out how to do this…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a question where you might want to get legal advice. The parameters were set in what th voters passed into law.

19. If the state does not allow dispenseries, how are people suppose to get state regulated, medical grade marijuana? Think about it.

Please do not withold medical marijuana from those in serious need and cannot tolerate pharmaseutical drugs with all the terrible side affects. Where is the respect for the voting process?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Until there is a decision in the courts, ADHS will not proceed with licensing dispensaries.

20. REPEAL THE 25 MILE RULE

The "25 mile" rule was said to be implemented to deter medical marijuana related crimes. It has the apparently unintentional effect of creating a state monitored medical marijuana monopoly. The "25 mile" rule will also keep the prices of medical marijuana artificially high. If prop 203 is about compassion for the sick then this law cannot have a restriction on patient cultivating rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue you bring up was part of the initiative pssed by voters. To change any part of that would require a vote by the public; the Department cannot change the 25-mile rule.
    As Mr. Wilber dos not point out, this was an intitiative. After proposition 105 passed in 1998, decidions made by voters in initiatives are harder to change. Proposition 105 prohibits the legislature from ever repealing approved ballot measures, and requires a very large vote - 3/4 majority- to enact any amendments to an intiative. In addition, any amendments must “further the purposes” of the approved initiative; they cannot change its intent.
    You can learn more at the Arizona Smart Voter website – http://www.smartvoter.org/1998nov/az/state/prop/105/

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base