Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

749 results found

1. Put the 1990s anti-tobacco ads online!

I grew up in Arizona and am now teaching a media literacy class in another state. As I approach the topic of tobacco advertising I remembered thhe Arizona Department of Health Services' awesome "Tumor causing teeth staining smelly puking habit" anti-smoking ads of the 1990s. While ADHS has some great contemporary anti-smoking ads and even features segments of the 1990s ads in some of their spots on their YouTube channel, it would be a wonderful service to make the ads available in their entirety.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Just heard back from the Bureau of Tobacco and Chronic Disease – you are exactly correct about the title and we are going to work to put it on our YouTube channel. Thanks for the suggestion and best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Thanks for the idea – We’ll pass the idea to the tobacco folks and see if that is a possiblitiy

2. providing a online license verification system

Other state boards offer an option to search for a provider's license online through a search engine located on their website. It is very convenient and enables employers and the public to search for a provider with just knowing the person's name and/or license number. The online list you have is very difficult and time consuming to navigate through.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best place to look is on AZCARECHECK.COM. There is a searchable form to look up licensees by name. It also gives you a way to see if they have had any problems with the license. Let us know if you have more questions.

Can you please be more specific about which license verification you are referencing?

3. Health care costs

I've checked MIHS billing for Facility costs (that's just for walking into the McDowell clinic and not the actual doctors fees), and I find the fees are outragious. It's no wonder state health care costs are so much.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS does not have anything to do with the fees charged by medical facilities.

4. Remove non English

Actually this site is very useless. Hard to find what you are looking for.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dispendsaries will have to grow OVER 99 plants AZDHS....

If the "25 Mile Rule" is NOT repealed the dispensaries will have to grow over 99 plants to maintain a supply of medicine to patients.

Is this NOT way over the 99 plant limit that will send you to Federal Prison for 5 years!!!

AZDHS
    Did you ever think of this? Is this where the cultivation sites play a roll to prevent 99 plants from being cultivated in 1 place?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 25-mile rule was part of the act passed by voters. It would require a change by lawmakers or the voters. ADHS does not have the authority to change it.

6. Help with smi

I am looking for a letter for smi that I received in the past, I need a copy of it statting this person is smi for court, where would I find that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The individual provider and the Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) for the area where the person was diagnosed would have that infomration on file. You could contact the appropriate RBHA for the area and ask to speak to the customer service person. We have a list of all RBHAs as well as a map to help you determine which is best on our website at: http://azdhs.gov/bhs/Service-Locator.htm

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When applicants for dispensary licenses apply, they will need to provide a business plan. Many times insurance is part of that plan to protect the investment.

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When ADHS began issuing the registry identification cards for qualifying patients and designated caregivers, we set a price to cover all the expenses. Because of public comment, we did establish a discount for people who received SNAP. When the program reaches a point where it costs less to produce the cards, we will consider lowering the cost for qualifying patients.

10. Lower the cost for people on low income social security disability

Lower the cost of the medical marijuana license for people on low income social security disability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS set the prices as low as possible when we began the program. As things settle, we may evaluate to see if we can change the price of patient cards. The qualifying patient cards are half-price for those on Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – formerly called Food Stamps).

11. I can't get your site which rates long-term caregiving facilities to work

Please check that site and see what needs to be corrected.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Find a Dr. who will stay that isn't senile or sees us as adicts/alcoholics andd nothing else

My methodone clinic in bullhead city, az needs to find and keep a Dr. that sees us as human beings with mental health issues as well as addictions. We ha a new Dr. who was great Dr. Jose Sosa-Roche he was here exactly to get my diagnosis prescribe the meds dor my bipolar/adhd, and severe anxiety. Got to stat them just to be told he left, I understand why because I've been seeing the other Dr. Garafolo for two years and as soon as I relapsed he didn't want to deal with mee again. My file said only that I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are sorry to hear that your recent treatment experience has been less than positive. The AHDS/DBHS fully supports you on your journey to recovery. We understand that your well being requires attention not only to challenges with addiction but to treatment needs involving your overall mental health and wellness.

We have referred your communication to ADHS/DBHS Customer Services for further assistance. A representative will contact you at the email address you provided.

13. class action lawsuits for bad service

class action lawsuits against bogus hospital and medical expenses; it's getting too expensive and too many drugs and bogus procedures, they need to take a pay cut and get back to reality, they are even cheating the government, its's *****

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS does not regulate the cost of healthcare.

14. I am want to locate forms reg. DNR

My idea is to have Arizona forms/bracelets etc for those of us who have a wish to be Resuscitated. Please advise as to where this can be located.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS, by statute, has information about Do Not Resuscitate and provides the forms for the public. The law does not give us the authority to create a Do Resuscitate form. You could use the Attorney General’s Power of Attorney for Healthcare to ensure your rights are maintained. http://www.azag.gov/life_care/POA_HealthCare.pdf

15. I have been around Medical Marijuana for about 5 years!

What happened to a smaller government??? the 25 mile rule I feel is a violation of My Arizona constitutional right to protect my self from monopolies!! And a dispensary is a form of or can be sold as a franchises.

9. Irrevocable grants of privileges, franchises or immunities
    Section 9. No law granting irrevocably any privilege, franchise, or immunity shall be enacted. 13. Equal privileges and immunities
    Section 13. No law shall be enacted granting to any citizen, class of citizens, or corporation other than municipal, privileges or immunities which, upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS did not set the 25 mile rule. It was in the initiative passed by the voters and made law. You can find it 36-2804.02. Registration of qualifying patients and designated caregivers. We will enforce that part of the law once dispensaries are in operation, unless there is a change in the statute.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. STOP THE LIES

Proof pot is legal Federally For medical use District of Columbia (DC)
    Amendment Act B18-622 (80KB) "Legalization of Marijuana for Medical Treatment Amendment Act of 2010" -- Approved 13-0 by the Council of the District of Columbia on May 4, 2010; signed by the Mayor on May 21, 2010|

Effective: July 27, 2010 [After being signed by the Mayor, the law underwent a 30-day Congessional review period. Neither the Senate nor the House acted to stop the law, so it became effective when the review period ended.]
    Approved Conditions: HIV, AIDS, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, cancer, other conditions that are chronic,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this information.

18. Needing a birth certificate

I live in Sioux City, IA, and I need to get a state ID, and a drivers license. In the state of Iowa you need your birth certificate and SSC to obtain this. I was born in Phoenix, AZ and do not have my original birth certificate. I came to this website and called the office to try and get it mailed to me, but you cant unless you have the necessary identification. which I do not. I cant obtain any of the necessary identification with out my birth certificate, so how can I or people like me go about…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For applicants who do not have the required identification required for an Arizona birth certificate they can complete the Application for an Arizona Birth Certificate and have their signature notarized. The notarized application and the fee can then be submitted to the State Office of Vital Records for processing. The birth certificate application form can be found at
    http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/index.htm

19. spreadsheet listing hearing trainings by county

Hi!
    I'm looking for a pure tone hearing training/recert. Instead of me calling all 8 or so Maricopa County trainers, wouldn't it be easier for the trainers to put info about trainings on the website, so we could see which works for us, then contact the trainer? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

T3, http://www.ag.arizona.edu/maricopa/t3/index.php is a train-the-trainer system that supports early childhood professionals, school personnel and others who work with children. T3 is a collaborative project that includes training in health, safety and hearing screening with the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension as the lead collaborator. Other members of the collaborative listed on their webpage include:
    • The University of Arizona Cooperative Extension
    • Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Women and Children’s Health Services, Sensory Program, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Nutrition Services, Office of Child Care Licensure
    • Pima County Health Department
    • Maricopa County Department of Public Health
    • Arizona Department of Economic Security, Office of Child Care Administration
    • Central Arizona College (ECE)
    • Glendale Community College
    If you to the website, simply click on the “Find a Trainer” and you will be provided a search engine by specialty as well as geographic area.…

20. I am dumb founded

My Idea is this, I can not believe what the ADHS has put me through to get my deceased husband's death certificate. I have been trying to get this certificate since July of 2011. it is funny how I had to do all the leg work for this department, just to get a lovely letter saying that i was not listed as the spouse on the death certificate and was not eligible as spouse. I had to laugh so hard at the fact that the state of Arizona Department Vital Records did not recognize the legal Marriage Certificate issued to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing additional information to our staff. We are addressing your situation.

The Arizona Office of Vital Records issues only birth and death certificates. It does not issue marriage certificates.
    To be eligible as the spouse to receive a certified copy of a death certificate, the surviving spouse must provide documentation that they were in fact married to the decedent at the time of death.
    A marriage certificate alone does not provide sufficient proof that the marriage was still intact at the time of death. In this particular case the death certificate marital status must be in conflict with the applicant’s claim of being the spouse.
    If the information regarding the marital status (which is provided by the informant on the death record) is in error, the applicant may file for a correction to the death record with the Office of Vital Record’s Death Registry.
    If the marital…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base