Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. offer alternatives for shipping

I am attempting to order a copy of my sons birth certificate. The only option for shipping is 18.00 airmail. Like you I am not home during the day, I am working. I have a locked mailbox and I do not understand why I am paying 18.00 to ship a piece of paper from Phoenix to Scottsdale?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  benjamin.palmer responded

ADHS, at this time, does not have web-ordering available for general issuance. We offer web-ordering for expedited service thru our vendor Vital Check that does charge a shipping fee. You may apply in person at the Maricopa County Office of Vital Registration, they have multiple valley locations.

3. birth certificates out of state

why is it i can order from a third party and get certified copies overnight but can't get one from you?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to serve our citizens in a timely manner.

4. web site hard to use. i am from out of state looking to get my wifes birth certificate. hard to find where to write and what is needed.

can you connect with other states vital records to get a certified copy. records office to records office if picked up in person by authorized agent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show how to order forms

Where do I get the application for a birth certificate?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Contact the Arizona Department of Health Services at 602-364-1300 for more information.

6. vital records question - proof of applying for a birth certificate

Hello,

I would like to obtain a statement showing when an application for an infant's birth certificate was submitted to Pima County in 1985. I wish to show the passport office that the birth certificate was applied for in in a timely manner after the birth. How would I get a written statement from your office?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. more information on the web site addresses,what can go where

I have my amend papers birth certificate add middle name, ready to mail. Where do I mail it to?
    Can I also amend here in Mohave County Department of Public Health Vital Records?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please visit azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records and click on the tab that says “corrections and amendments.” There will be an option to correct a birth certificate.

8. not easy to find

I need my middle name put back on my Birth Certificate, to do this a need a certified copy of court order with raised seal. I was born here in Kingman [at the old Kingman Hospital] Mohave General Hospital

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To obtain the birth certificate of my grand mother, I need the date of her birth, but I only know the year, what can I do?

Hello! I only know the year of my grandma´s birth, what can I do to obtain her birth certificate?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please complete the application with as much information as possible so that a search for the record can be conducted. We will make every effort possible to locate the record based on what you provide in the application.
    Include the names of the parents and the county where the registrant was born if this information is available.

If a record is located and you meet the eligibility requirements, a certified copy will be issued to you. If we are unable to locate the record, a certificate of no record will be issued. Please see our website for the eligibility requirements for requesting a birth certificate.

10. Rise up to this century and do this online

Online ordering of birth certificates like WA and OR

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

The Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records does not accept online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. We do not endorse any other internet ordering service. VitalChek can be reached either through its website, or by phone. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®.

If you order through Vital Check please note that additional feess will be billed to your credit card. The information is listed on the site below.

http://www.azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records/index.php#birth-certificates-apply

11. Show fees on website!

Trying to fill out you form, which asks for amount of money to be sent to you, but there is nowhere to get this information in order to include it on the form.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Response:
    The fee for an Arizona birth or death certificate varies depending on the county in which you submit your application. The fees for each county can be located on the Arizona Department of Health Services, Vital Records Home Page by selecting the Fee Schedule located in the left tool bar, or by selecting the box in the center of the Vital Records Home Page titled “Local Counties & Fee Schedules”. You can also contact the Bureau of Vital Records at (602) 364-1300 and speak to a Customer Service Representative to obtain fee information.

12. Post email addresses

I'm trying to email someone who deals with public health records in Arizona, and there are no email addresses available anywhere on this website. Not posting email addresses is very frustrating, and not usual policy for a state agency.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please let us know the type of public health data you need and we will find the right area and person to direct you to. Thanks

13. Good

Where can I get a copy of my first certificate . I live in Peoria,AZ

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. records of live birth, name info for January 19 1983

Certificate of live birth has alteration on specified name location has been modified with what seems liquid white out. Or liquid paper corrector. I would like to know the original name given on the certificate at time of certification and sealed by facility where the delivering of live birth occurred. The information following the specified name location all seems original information given on the certificate the remaining information on the certificate is as follows...... January 19 1983
    8:22 AM at the Mohave General Hospital

Bull head City, Kingman Arizona.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for contacting the Arizona Department of Health Services, Vital Records. In order to best answer questions you have regarding an Arizona birth certificate please call our office directly at (602) 364-1300.

15. Money order to who?

when making out a money order for the birth certificate, who to I make it out to? The place I'm sending the request to?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for contacting the Arizona Department of Health Services. When applying for a birth certificate and sending a money order please ensure the money order is for the exact amount and made payable to the Office of Vital Records. Should you have further questions please visit our website at http://azdhs.gov/licensing/vital-records/index.php or you may call (602) 364-1300.

16. Birth certificate

Hello!
    My baby was born few days ago. How can I get a birth certificate online?
    What should I have to do?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. May DES request death certificates via email rather than fax or regular mail?

We are thinking of making electronic death certificate requests, along with electronic requests for medical records and other information required for mortality review.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Email requests are not acceptable pursuant to A.R.S. 36-324 and R9-19-402. Requests for vital records must be in writing and contain the applicant’s signature.
    The Bureau of Vital Records has a government liaison to assist government agencies in making requests for birth and death certificates. You may contact our office at 602-364-1300 and request to speak to the government liaison for further information on making such requests.

18. give us the ability to search the records for a date of death, without applying for a death certificate.

there is no place for me to see when my mother passed several years ago in AZ. I live in GA & it's impossible for me to go down to the courthouse and look through records. I don't want a certificate of death, only to know when she died. i don't think i should have to pay for this service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your inquiry. Arizona is a “closed record” state which means that vital records are protected and not public record until the statutory timelines lapse. Before these timelines lapse, Arizona law requires the Arizona Department of Health Services to follow the standard process for verifying eligibility and issuance of death certificates.
    Arizona law allows these records to become public after the following timelines; seventy-five years after the person’s birth and fifty years after the person’s death. The Department makes these records available on the Arizona Genealogy website at http://genealogy.az.gov/. If you have additional questions or concerns please contact us at 1-888-816-5907.

19. Loss of record in shipping

I ordered a copy of my birth certificate through Vital Check. The order was processed and shipped express delivery, but the package did not require a signature for delivery. The package was delivered to a different, incorrect, location/address and just left on a doorstep. When I notified Vital Check and UPS, they both blamed the other party for the issue and have refused to resolve the issue of a missing birth certificate, which has been delivered to who knows where. Both companies also refuse to take responsibility for covering identity theft protection after losing a long form birth certificate. The…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

VitalChek is an independent company that we have partnered with to provide expedited services to our customers. Customers placing orders using this service should receive the same level of excellent customer service as if they placed their order directly with our office. If a customer has received less than satisfactory service they are encouraged to contact the Arizona Bureau of Vital Records office at 602-364-1300 and request to speak with a manager to report and resolve their issue.

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. We’re passing it along to the Office of Vital Records for consideration.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base