Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. request death records martin w.hayes

request a death certificate for martin w.hayes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. question only

How will I know when my ex-husband remarries or dies?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. make it easier to figure out what form and where to send it to

I am in the adoption process and need a copy of my birth certificate. your web site has only one form that i found to request a copy of my birth certificate, but it states if I was born prior to 1990, then i have to file my application with the state. this is very frustrating as there is no further information. do i need a different application? what is the address of the state office? a phone number? can't we just make everything online so we can streamline things? can we put ALL INFORMATION on one web page instead…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need help I am with a government agency and need birth verification. Our written request has not been responded to and we are unable spea

to speak with anyone. What are we supposed to do to receive the verification we need for our official job function of verifying eligibility for Public Assistance and Food Stamps?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let me hear from you upon your receiving Death Certificate information

I have been waiting for 3 weeks to get a Death Certificate. This is too long since I need to get to Social Security, Banks, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Depending on when you ordered the copy of your birth certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

7. Name of person of interest

There was no costs listed and also I couldn't tell if the person I wanted to find even had a death certificate in this state.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Death Certificates are only available to certain people by state law in Arizona until 50 years after their death. If it has been more than 50 years, we have a free website to get a copy of the document.
    If a death occured less than 50 years ago (before 1962), you would need to know specific informaiton about an individual and be within the authorized categories to obtain a copy. There is a link to the fee schedule on the left hand side of the page.

8. Improve Vital Records- Adoption Process

It is a disgrace that adoptive parents need to wait this long to get an updated birth certificate. My case it has been 1 month and 2 weeks. Not only the State make it horrible and difficult to finalize the Adoption process, but on top we need to deal with incompetent staff that blames supervisor for the delay in approving amendments. Why is this difficult should be a happy process. Perhaps your staff have no IDEA how many things get delayed because this important document is not available. Also, it is almost impossible to reach a supervisor in this department.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know about the experience you had with The Office of Vital Records. We apologize for the difficulty you faced during this process.
    Various factors can potentially impact the timely issuance of an amended birth certificate after adoption.
    We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you directly to make sure your experience is better during this important time for your family. Our Corrections Unit can be reached at (602) 364-1200.
    Please reference the guidelines for adoptive parents on how to facilitate a timely amendment to a birth certificate after adoption;
    Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S. 36-§336) states that all courts in the State of Arizona shall submit the Certificates of Adoptions, court orders of adoption and court orders for modification of an adoption to the State Office of Vital Records by the 10th day of the month immediately preceding the month in which the adoption was…

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Question: Can the Acknowledgment of Paternity be completed and signed by both parents (biological) without doing a DNA test?

Possible Answers: I would prefer to review the birth certificate before giving a general answer because depending on the scenario a “general” response could provide incorrect direction.
    • In the case where there is not a father’s name currently listed on the birth record then the answer is no, DNA testing is not necessary.
    • If there is a father’s name currently listed on the birth certificate, then DNA testing may be required by the court to confirm the real father before a certified court order of paternity is granted to add the correct father to the birth certificate.
    • Another scenario could be that “husband’s information” is listed on the birth certificate. This means the mother was married when she gave birth and her husband is the legally presumed father.…

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide info regarding how to report failure of physician to sign death cert w/in 72 hrs

Provide info or internet link that allows general public to report physicians that fail to either sign death certificate within 72 hours of death or arrange for transfer of patients remains to DME at expiration of 72 hour window if no physician is available to carry out this duty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Your link to the death certificate request form is broken

fix the link or list the form number so we may search for it manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Wrong word is used

The area that says who is eligible to get a death certificiate says birth instead of death!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know. We corrected it.

15. follow up on previous feedback

Contacting the Arizona Office of Vital Records regarding obtaining death cerrtificate of relative I will send tem an e-mail but it would make their work easier if I had specific information as to the exact date my brother Loren passed away.Due to differences in opinion regarding my mother's court appointed guardian I have not had contact with any of my family for over 10 years. I found out about his deathh around September or October.2009 around the time my 92 year iold aunt passed away in a nursing home. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s an interesting suggestion. At this time we do not have any plans to provide that service. Depending on when you ordered the copy of your birth certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

17. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The amount of time it takes depends on many factors. We understand that it is a difficult time and try to make the process as simple as possible.

18. information

death certificate apllication instuction sheet. on the top of this page it says that the certificates are $20. BUT,on the bottom of the page it states that there is an $8 for processing and a $16 for shipping in addition to the $10 for each death certificate.. so which is it??? $20 total? or, $34 total? this is very very confusing. thank you

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a confusing situation to us. The only vendor allowed to sell certificates online for ADHS is www.vitalchek.com. When we went to that website, it does not appear to have the same pricing structure you outlined. Please use only www.vitalchek.com for Arizona records.

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base