ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

1. Regulations for those around MMJ dispensaries

Regulations for families that want to have the air quality tested in their homes near these caregivers and dispensaries. Who to call when you see greenhouses being built and not enough electrical support to them which in turns causes an explosion and fire less then 10 feet from my child. I read your website protecting the MMJ people but is there any support for those being affected negatively who do no use MMJ? We should have rights, our children should have rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Dispensaries will have to comply with local zoning rules – you should see what regulations your city or county has in place.

2. make this site more clear, there's too much and with what I have, I don't always get it

I can't find the amt it's going to cost to renew my card. I was told it may be less, but I don't know. Also, it appears there is dispensary in Yuma now, which would put me within 25 miles (Yuma's not that big!) So I can't grow now anyway. But you don't list dispensaries, and according to what I read, you won't for those of us who can cultivate...but I can't because of where hubby works. conflict of interest. Can the card be changed if the dispensary really exists?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you apply for renewal, you can ask to cultivate. ADHS will check your address with any that of any/all operating dispensaries at that time. If there is one operating within 25 miles of the patient’s address, ADHS will not authorize you to cultivate. At this time, there are no operating dispensaries in the state. Also, the cost to renew a card is the same as the initial fee.

3. Update the Fingerprint Card Clearance Update Request to DPS

DPS updated their form over a year ago and will not accept the form available here.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dont turn Medical cannabis into Big Pharma - keep growers legal

First off, thank you for this great web page and feedback section, and thank you for all your work on the MMJ program.

That said, The 25 mile rule must be repealed. There are no benefits to the patient with this system, only to the monopolized Big Boys. These people will rob Arizonans, not help them. The plan worked much better without the dispensaries. Either get rid of the dispensaries, or the 25 mile rule. Please dont turn honest growers into criminals, this is not what we the people voted for!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually it is what the voters decided. The 25-mile rule is part of the initiative that was passed by the voters.

5. I would like to NOT continue to have my caregiver anymore. Their priceas are too high for me .

i would rather walk into a Dispensary and see for my self what I am purchasing & be able to pick which one I need. I DO NOT want to have to pay my so called "CaregiverAZ" $200. for no longer needing their services. I want the card they have for me to expire when my card is to expire, but I am Renewing my card. I am Renewing my card.. I just don't want them anymore. Theyu moved locations on me & now it is ****** for me to get to them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To remove your caregiver, you will need to make a change to your card. You can visit our website at: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/ to access the change feature. Once you are in the change application, you can choose to remove your caregiver. Before completing this, you will need to print, complete, and have available for downloading the Add/Replace Caregiver form located here: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/forms/. You will also need an electronic copy of your identification and will pay a $10 change fee.

However, if you are renewing your card and have not yet completed the renewal application, you can elect to remove your caregiver at the time you renew your card. If you choose to remove your designated caregiver during the renewal application process, your caregiver’s card is voided once your renewal application has been approved.

Please note that a designated caregiver should not be receiving any money from you other than actual…

6. Addition of a.r.s. title 13 chapter 34 needs to be added

Medical Marijuana Patients across the state are being charged with possession and numerous other charges under A.R.S. title 13 chapter 34 this needs to be added to rules and statutes so they know of this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The notation on the back of the Qualifying Patient and Designated Caregiver cards says, “Possessing marijuana may be in violation of local, state or federal laws.”

7. Limit diagnoses that can use medical marijuana to those diagnoses which have been proven in clinical trials to benefit from the drug.

Limit diagnoses for which doctors can prescribe medical marijuana to those that have clinical research backing the use of the medication. This is the standard that other drugs must provide, and it is the standard that doctors are held accountable to under their malpractice insurance. If this is truly a "medical" drug, then treat it like any other medical drug, and wait for the data to support it's use and prove its safety and effectiveness. Research should be of the same standard expected of drug companies.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Addition of a.r.s. title 13 chapter 34 needs to be added

Medical Marijuana Patients across the state are being charged with possession and numerous other charges under A.R.S. title 13 chapter 34 this needs to be added to rules and statutes so they know of this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a statement on the back of each registry identification card that says, “Possessing marijuana may be in violation of local, state or federal laws.” The statement is there so people can “know of this”.

9. if you have some that is so important to share, put your name on it you have no *****

if you have some that is so important to share, put your name on it you have no *****

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for using our UserVoice feature to leave your comments.

10. I can'te get the address field to work

The map on your website is very helpful but when I put in an address to try and see what CHAA it is in it doesn't do anything. I am using google chrome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Where is my renewal card? It has been approved and over 2 weeks now and no card.

Where is my renewal card? It has been approved and over 2 weeks now and no card. A friend of mine went the same day for the first time and she is is still without a card to get any medicine. Why can't the dispensary's be able to see that she has been approved just no card yet so that she could at least get some relief. THIS IS MEDICINE! Just because it is not the chemicals that all governments get a kick back from the pharmacies does not mean it does not work. The states should not complain about…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement the Voter's of Arizona's Will on Medical Marijuana

Stop playing games with the Law. There are many cancer patients in Arizona who need Medical Marijuana in order to permit them to endure Chemotherapy and other illnesses. Harm in the name of Help that's Arizona...............

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After the Judicial process was completed, ADHS is moving forward with implementation of the Arizona Medical Mairjuana Act.

13. Clarify how you can "provide an uninterrupted supply of meds".

How can I maintain an "uninterrupted supply of medication," when I can only possess 2.5 onces at a time. It takes 6-8 months for a plant to mature and you would have to have a plant mature every 2 weeks to maintain this. What am supposed to do with the excess, as a plant will produce far more then that at one time. Can I drop off the extra with you or at the police station and pick up my 2.5 ounces bi-weekly? I am trying to abide by the law, but unable to figure out how to do this…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a question where you might want to get legal advice. The parameters were set in what th voters passed into law.

14. Question: Unable to attain a letter from the local governing body

How will AZDHS handle CHAAs where the city or country refuse to sign a letter stating that the location qualifies. This refusal which is currently the case in several locations is driven by the fear that Jan Brewer's lawsuit instilled in various governing bodies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Care giver

Can you send me something to let me know how much a caregiver can charge for medical marijuana, for their patients ??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS does not have information on that.

16. tell us where we can move

outside the 25 mile rule

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 25-mile rule was set by the voters. The actual boundaries will be determined by where the licensed dispensaries are operating. At this time, there is no public information about that.

17. employment in arizona mmj industry

i would be willing to move to arizona for job in the mmj industry i am disablel only real problem i have is left hand does not work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Arizona, Dispensaries will not be run by the state. You’ll need to check the employment section of the newspapers or online. Good luck with your job search.

18. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Medical Marijuana cards are valid for one year after they are issued. If you are assigned the card on April 24, 2013, it is valid until April 23, 2014.

19. Patient Rights regarding Dispensary Treatment

Many "Patients" are being treated like lower class citizens, by dispensary Staff. We are not Customers/Clients/ Consumers we are Medical Patients. Staff needs to have training in "Patient" Compassionate Care. NOT JUST Card Carriers who smoke marijuana. All the information you have is only about opening a BIG MONEY MAKING Business to grow and dispense marijuana.. STOP the Cheech & Chong Atmosphere Patients HAVE RIGHTS please address them for the public & as a reference for Patients and Dispensaries alike. Many of us are being ABUSED and mistreated.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There needs to be a way to correct an application error.

When I reviewed the final PDF copy of my application after I submitted and paid, I discovered that the "caregiver" box had been checked. I don't think I checked that box, but if I did, it was an error. I have tried to find a wasy to report the error, but have only found a phone number that will take a message, and they haven't called back. There is no email address to report an error. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of the reasons we created the form on line was so that folks had the ability to make sure their names are spelled correctly, the address is correct and everything is the way they want it. In the User Agreement, applicants are instructed to check all information before saving each page. You may want to use the live chat option on the medical marijuana website. The customer service representatives are familiar with the system and may be able to help you.
    Thank you for sharing.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base