Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

749 results found

1. make this site more clear, there's too much and with what I have, I don't always get it

I can't find the amt it's going to cost to renew my card. I was told it may be less, but I don't know. Also, it appears there is dispensary in Yuma now, which would put me within 25 miles (Yuma's not that big!) So I can't grow now anyway. But you don't list dispensaries, and according to what I read, you won't for those of us who can cultivate...but I can't because of where hubby works. conflict of interest. Can the card be changed if the dispensary really exists?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

When you apply for renewal, you can ask to cultivate. ADHS will check your address with any that of any/all operating dispensaries at that time. If there is one operating within 25 miles of the patient’s address, ADHS will not authorize you to cultivate. At this time, there are no operating dispensaries in the state. Also, the cost to renew a card is the same as the initial fee.

2. I can'te get the address field to work

The map on your website is very helpful but when I put in an address to try and see what CHAA it is in it doesn't do anything. I am using google chrome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Video Updates

Hi Will,

How about some current video updates? The last update is when the last draft rules were posted.

Patients would like to hear you speak about the current situation and what is being done to implement the AMMA.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can subscribe to updates through the website. As soon as anything develops, you receive an email. That’s much faster than waiting for us to produce a video. Thank you for the suggestion though.

4. I would like to NOT continue to have my caregiver anymore. Their priceas are too high for me .

i would rather walk into a Dispensary and see for my self what I am purchasing & be able to pick which one I need. I DO NOT want to have to pay my so called "CaregiverAZ" $200. for no longer needing their services. I want the card they have for me to expire when my card is to expire, but I am Renewing my card. I am Renewing my card.. I just don't want them anymore. Theyu moved locations on me & now it is ****** for me to get to them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To remove your caregiver, you will need to make a change to your card. You can visit our website at: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/ to access the change feature. Once you are in the change application, you can choose to remove your caregiver. Before completing this, you will need to print, complete, and have available for downloading the Add/Replace Caregiver form located here: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/forms/. You will also need an electronic copy of your identification and will pay a $10 change fee.

However, if you are renewing your card and have not yet completed the renewal application, you can elect to remove your caregiver at the time you renew your card. If you choose to remove your designated caregiver during the renewal application process, your caregiver’s card is voided once your renewal application has been approved.

Please note that a designated caregiver should not be receiving any money from you other than actual…

5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for expressing your opinion. Until there is a decision about the federal law, ADHS will continue to provide cards, but not license dispensaries.

6. Limit diagnoses that can use medical marijuana to those diagnoses which have been proven in clinical trials to benefit from the drug.

Limit diagnoses for which doctors can prescribe medical marijuana to those that have clinical research backing the use of the medication. This is the standard that other drugs must provide, and it is the standard that doctors are held accountable to under their malpractice insurance. If this is truly a "medical" drug, then treat it like any other medical drug, and wait for the data to support it's use and prove its safety and effectiveness. Research should be of the same standard expected of drug companies.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fix the map

your CHAA map does not work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please be moer specific? Are you looking at cancer rates or in the medical marijuana program?

8. Dont turn Medical cannabis into Big Pharma - keep growers legal

First off, thank you for this great web page and feedback section, and thank you for all your work on the MMJ program.

That said, The 25 mile rule must be repealed. There are no benefits to the patient with this system, only to the monopolized Big Boys. These people will rob Arizonans, not help them. The plan worked much better without the dispensaries. Either get rid of the dispensaries, or the 25 mile rule. Please dont turn honest growers into criminals, this is not what we the people voted for!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually it is what the voters decided. The 25-mile rule is part of the initiative that was passed by the voters.

9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. if you have some that is so important to share, put your name on it you have no *****

if you have some that is so important to share, put your name on it you have no *****

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for using our UserVoice feature to leave your comments.

11. REPEAL THE 25 MILE RULE

The "25 mile" rule was said to be implemented to deter medical marijuana related crimes. It has the apparently unintentional effect of creating a state monitored medical marijuana monopoly. The "25 mile" rule will also keep the prices of medical marijuana artificially high. If prop 203 is about compassion for the sick then this law cannot have a restriction on patient cultivating rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue you bring up was part of the initiative pssed by voters. To change any part of that would require a vote by the public; the Department cannot change the 25-mile rule.
    As Mr. Wilber dos not point out, this was an intitiative. After proposition 105 passed in 1998, decidions made by voters in initiatives are harder to change. Proposition 105 prohibits the legislature from ever repealing approved ballot measures, and requires a very large vote - 3/4 majority- to enact any amendments to an intiative. In addition, any amendments must “further the purposes” of the approved initiative; they cannot change its intent.
    You can learn more at the Arizona Smart Voter website – http://www.smartvoter.org/1998nov/az/state/prop/105/

12. How come I am not entitled to any compensation for the medication I produce?

I have spent 1000's of dollars on the best equipment to grow medical grade marijuana, countless hours learning how to produce medical marijuana, and many more hours educating other patients about medical marijuana. Why am I not entitled to any compensation for the knowledge and services I provide?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters last November does not allow a person to grow marijuana for-profit. If you are a caregiver, you may be entitled to reimbursement for your expenses under the law under 5e.

13. I feel I was scammed.

When I paid $150 to the State of Arizona for my MMJ card, I wasn't aware that the State of Arizona was also going to sue, to keep me from getting my medication. The laws are written as such, that I have to find a caregiver willing to give me marijuana, of which to date I have found no takers.
       Since the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program has been halted by the same people that issued my card, am I entitled to a refund, or at least have my mmj card pro-rated until I can purchase medicine legally? 

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no provision for refunds, because it was an application fee that was used when you applied. You can still obtain medical marijuana if you need it. You may ask to be authorized to grow marijuana for yourself or use a designated caregiver.

14. Addition of a.r.s. title 13 chapter 34 needs to be added

Medical Marijuana Patients across the state are being charged with possession and numerous other charges under A.R.S. title 13 chapter 34 this needs to be added to rules and statutes so they know of this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a statement on the back of each registry identification card that says, “Possessing marijuana may be in violation of local, state or federal laws.” The statement is there so people can “know of this”.

15. The State Department notification system to report cases of legionella is ridiculously complicated

I thought it would be smart to report a case of legionella, but after finding the form, I don't think a citizen is supposed to fill it out, the questions are worded for a doctor. Will be doctor file one? Are they required to? Am I required to?

No wonder outbreaks get out of control, the reporting system is too beaurocratic. It should be easy to do.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate that you are concerned about the spreading of infectious diseases. The law only requires certain people or agencies like healthcare providers and laboratories to report those diseases to the state, which is why the form isn’t written for the general public to complete. You can always call your local county health office or the state Office of Infectious Disease to ensure that your case was reported if you have been diagnosed.

16. Addition of a.r.s. title 13 chapter 34 needs to be added

Medical Marijuana Patients across the state are being charged with possession and numerous other charges under A.R.S. title 13 chapter 34 this needs to be added to rules and statutes so they know of this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The notation on the back of the Qualifying Patient and Designated Caregiver cards says, “Possessing marijuana may be in violation of local, state or federal laws.”

17. There needs to be a way for poverty stricken disabled people can get medicine that helps chronic pain.

Living on $945.00 a month for 2 adults, fixed income, both medically challenged. Can't afford card, dr. visit or dispenseries prices. AHCCCS needs to answer the call.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unbelievable that the state's mistake is coming out of my pocket for my son's birth certificate.

Do not charge for spelling errors. In no way should the state charge $30 per correction. Should be one fee for corrections. Makes me want to sue the state for over charging their citizens for their mistakes.

I've spent hours trying to get this corrected. I've called and left messages. I've gone to the office. Nothing works with this office. No one wants to help. They sit there talking to each other about what they did they day before. GET TO WORK! Stop wasting my tax money.

Jan Brewer, is this what my tax dollars are going towards? Why would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Vital Records office at ADHS, how a record is modified and how much it costs are all governed by statute and rule. The requirements vary based on a number of factors including the type of correction/amendment, why the correction/amendment is necessary, what information had been provided to the Office of Vital Records when the birth record was originally registered and how much time has elapsed since the record was registered. Specific information is available at: http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/amend_08.htm. We do have staff available to answer questions during business hours; please call 602-364-1300.

19. Provide a direct link to Licensed Facility TB Testing Requirements

On the Tuberculosis Control Program home page, there is a link at the bottom that reads: "For questions regarding licensed facility TB testing requirements, please see Licensing Services." However; when clicking the "Licensing Services" link, it opens up a very broad, general page with no access to information about Licensed Facility TB Testing Requirements. Further examination of the page provided no relevant information to the TB testing requirements.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update the Fingerprint Card Clearance Update Request to DPS

DPS updated their form over a year ago and will not accept the form available here.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base