ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

1. You did not send me the death certificate we ordered

make it easier to get hold of a live person.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Don't force fixed income patients to go to dispensaries

The 25 mile rule is unconstitutional!

Article 2 section 13 of the Arizona State Constitution:
    No law shall be enacted granting to any citizen, class of citizens, or corporation other than municipal, privileges or immunities which, upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all citizens or corporations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

The 25-mile rule was part of the Initiative passed by the voters, as such is set in law.

3. What happens when the Dispensaries are able to operate and a patient lives within 25 miles of said dispensary?

If a patient lives within 25 miles of a dispensary and has been cultivating their own medicine. How much time will a patient have to stop cultivating? What type of notice will the patient receive? How is a patient to know a dispensary is opening? Why is it the choice of the dispensary to STOP a patient from cultivating??

These questions need to be answered... I foresee MANY lawsuits against the Deptment of Health, The State, and dispensaries!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each qualified patient will be notified upon their annual renewal if a dispensary is open within 25 miles of where they live. If you renew with a request to grow and there is not a dispensary open within 25 miles you will be able to continue to grow. The final rules for the dispensaries are still being developed so you will want to check back to our agency website for new developments. At this time we do not have a date for the completion of the final rules and no dates for when the Department will be able to license dispensaries.
    It is not the choice of the dispensaries – the 25-mile rule was part of the law passed by voters.

4. "25 Mile Rule" is Unconstitutional

What happens to patients cultivation rights when a dispensary opens within 25 miles of a patients address? How will the patient be noticed? How long do they have to stop cultivation?

Please explain the plan!!

When the first dispensary OPENS near me I will file a LAWSUIT against that dispensary and The State of Arizona.

Arizona Constitution

Article 2 Section 13

Equal privileges and immunities:
    Section 13. No law shall be enacted granting to any citizen, class of citizens, or corporation other than municipal, privileges or immunities which, upon the same terms, shall not equally belong to all citizens or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each qualified patient will be notified upon their annual renewal if a dispensary is open within 25 miles of where they live. If you renew with a request to grow and there is not a dispensary open within 25 miles you will be able to continue to grow. The final rules for the dispensaries are still being developed so you will want to check back to our agency website for new developments. At this time we do not have a date for the completion of the final rules and no dates for when the Department will be able to license dispensaries.
    The 25-mile rule was part of the Initiative passed by the voters, as such is set in law.

5. Building Cleanliness/Maintenance Questionnaire

I visited the Health building this week at 1740 Adams and noticed the floors were incredibly dirty. I work for a local university and I am very alarmed that the Departmnet of Health cannot keep it's building even remotely sanitary. You can see the dirt imbedded in the tile of the lobby. The bathrooms have stains. It even looks like the elevator has fresh floor polish over rings of dirt and filth. Has anyone thouhgt of condeeming this building? I wouldn't let my children touch anything there. I took pictures and I'm thinking of writing a story for new times…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate your concern about the ADHS building at 1740 W. Adams. The Department of Administration (DOA) handles maintenance at all state-owned buildings. We work closely with them to ensure the best maintenance possible under current budget constraints.
    The lobby floor is wet mopped nightly; however there are about 400 people who walk through the lobby at least twice every day. It does show more wear than other floors because of the traffic. The building itself has been in operation since the 1970’s, and for a long time, was the main ADHS building. When you notice what you called “fresh floor polish over rings of dirt and filth” – it is actually clean polish over patterns of wear and tear from years of use. There has been a request made to replace the elevator floor tiles, but it’s not a priority at this time.
    In all, this building…

6. RE: 'Express Rule Package'

This doesn’t appear to be such a ‘Transparent’ process. I would like to see additional changes to the Rules that don't have to be 'ordered by Judge' via a court decision for you AZDHS to implement them for everybody’s good. i.e.
    R9-17-322.A.1. "For an application for a dispensary registration certificate, the physical address of the building or, if applicable, the physical address of the dispensary’s cultivation site is within 500 feet of a private school or a public school that existed before the date the dispensary submitted the initial dispensary registration certificate application"

Why not make 1120 foot ruling separating…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working to be as transparent as possible. The rule you reference is actually part of the statute passed by voters. The 500-foot distance is cited in A.R.S. 36-2804: “within five hundred feet of a public or private school existing before the date of the nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary application.” As such it would take another voter initiative or 75% of the legislature voting to change it. Also per the statute, cities and counties may make other reasonable zoning requirements.A.R.S. 36-2806.1

7. 25 mile rule conflicts with Prop 106

25 mile rule should be amended/removed. This is why:

Besides the fact that it is unconstitutional and that dispensaries will create a monopoly, it is in direct conflict of Prop 106 that was recently passed. Here is a quote about prop 106:

Proposition 106 was proposed to amend the Arizona Constitution by barring any rules or regulations that would force state residents to participate in a health-care system.

The fact that I would be forced to go to a Dispensary rather than produce myself, is forcing me to participate in a health care system.

That is already known

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters included the 25 mile requirement. Until that law is changed by voters, the legislature, or there is a judicial ruling, ADHS must enforce the law as written.

8. There needs to be verified training for all staff on both physical and mental illness goes together. A person is a whole person.

Training could be given by consumers as well as developed by them. Training could encompass hearing, speech, developmental disabilities, mobility issues as well as learning. Perhaps having staff experience different disabilities. ADA seems to be forgotten.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea. Arizona statutes prescribe who licenses what types of people. At ADHS, we license a few professions and several types of facilities It seems like your idea would be good to provide to the licensing boards. We’ll share your idea with our licensing staff.

9. Include PTSD and Social Anxiety to list of Medical Marijuana patients

Medical Marijuana is being proved to be much safer than other pharmaceuticals in treating these issues.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s important that people who have scientific information about the viability of marijuana as a medicine provide it to the Department. We have a form set up to make it easy http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VFSKND7
    Posting anecdotal infomration in the form or on this forum will not impact the department’s decision.

10. Regulations for those around MMJ dispensaries

Regulations for families that want to have the air quality tested in their homes near these caregivers and dispensaries. Who to call when you see greenhouses being built and not enough electrical support to them which in turns causes an explosion and fire less then 10 feet from my child. I read your website protecting the MMJ people but is there any support for those being affected negatively who do no use MMJ? We should have rights, our children should have rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dispensaries will have to comply with local zoning rules – you should see what regulations your city or county has in place.

11. Unbelievable that the state's mistake is coming out of my pocket for my son's birth certificate.

Do not charge for spelling errors. In no way should the state charge $30 per correction. Should be one fee for corrections. Makes me want to sue the state for over charging their citizens for their mistakes.

I've spent hours trying to get this corrected. I've called and left messages. I've gone to the office. Nothing works with this office. No one wants to help. They sit there talking to each other about what they did they day before. GET TO WORK! Stop wasting my tax money.

Jan Brewer, is this what my tax dollars are going towards? Why would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Vital Records office at ADHS, how a record is modified and how much it costs are all governed by statute and rule. The requirements vary based on a number of factors including the type of correction/amendment, why the correction/amendment is necessary, what information had been provided to the Office of Vital Records when the birth record was originally registered and how much time has elapsed since the record was registered. Specific information is available at: http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/amend_08.htm. We do have staff available to answer questions during business hours; please call 602-364-1300.

12. make this site more clear, there's too much and with what I have, I don't always get it

I can't find the amt it's going to cost to renew my card. I was told it may be less, but I don't know. Also, it appears there is dispensary in Yuma now, which would put me within 25 miles (Yuma's not that big!) So I can't grow now anyway. But you don't list dispensaries, and according to what I read, you won't for those of us who can cultivate...but I can't because of where hubby works. conflict of interest. Can the card be changed if the dispensary really exists?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you apply for renewal, you can ask to cultivate. ADHS will check your address with any that of any/all operating dispensaries at that time. If there is one operating within 25 miles of the patient’s address, ADHS will not authorize you to cultivate. At this time, there are no operating dispensaries in the state. Also, the cost to renew a card is the same as the initial fee.

13. Update the Fingerprint Card Clearance Update Request to DPS

DPS updated their form over a year ago and will not accept the form available here.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dont turn Medical cannabis into Big Pharma - keep growers legal

First off, thank you for this great web page and feedback section, and thank you for all your work on the MMJ program.

That said, The 25 mile rule must be repealed. There are no benefits to the patient with this system, only to the monopolized Big Boys. These people will rob Arizonans, not help them. The plan worked much better without the dispensaries. Either get rid of the dispensaries, or the 25 mile rule. Please dont turn honest growers into criminals, this is not what we the people voted for!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually it is what the voters decided. The 25-mile rule is part of the initiative that was passed by the voters.

16. I would like to NOT continue to have my caregiver anymore. Their priceas are too high for me .

i would rather walk into a Dispensary and see for my self what I am purchasing & be able to pick which one I need. I DO NOT want to have to pay my so called "CaregiverAZ" $200. for no longer needing their services. I want the card they have for me to expire when my card is to expire, but I am Renewing my card. I am Renewing my card.. I just don't want them anymore. Theyu moved locations on me & now it is ****** for me to get to them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To remove your caregiver, you will need to make a change to your card. You can visit our website at: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/ to access the change feature. Once you are in the change application, you can choose to remove your caregiver. Before completing this, you will need to print, complete, and have available for downloading the Add/Replace Caregiver form located here: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/forms/. You will also need an electronic copy of your identification and will pay a $10 change fee.

However, if you are renewing your card and have not yet completed the renewal application, you can elect to remove your caregiver at the time you renew your card. If you choose to remove your designated caregiver during the renewal application process, your caregiver’s card is voided once your renewal application has been approved.

Please note that a designated caregiver should not be receiving any money from you other than actual…

17. list deceased persons

I would like to know if there is some way I could find out if someone has past away. I would not ask for a death certificate....just a date if they have in fact, died. Is that under public notice? Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Arizona death records are confidential until 50 years after the year of death. If the death occurred less than 50 years ago, the Office of Vital Records cannot share that information except through the process of issuing a certified copy of the death record. Only those individuals eligible under Arizona statute to receive a certified copy of a death record will receive one.

Deaths that occurred more than 50 years ago are public record and can be searched for at http://genealogy.az.gov/

In addition, you may search the Social Security Death Index to see if that site has information on a death that is less than 50 years ago.

18. Addition of a.r.s. title 13 chapter 34 needs to be added

Medical Marijuana Patients across the state are being charged with possession and numerous other charges under A.R.S. title 13 chapter 34 this needs to be added to rules and statutes so they know of this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The notation on the back of the Qualifying Patient and Designated Caregiver cards says, “Possessing marijuana may be in violation of local, state or federal laws.”

19. Limit diagnoses that can use medical marijuana to those diagnoses which have been proven in clinical trials to benefit from the drug.

Limit diagnoses for which doctors can prescribe medical marijuana to those that have clinical research backing the use of the medication. This is the standard that other drugs must provide, and it is the standard that doctors are held accountable to under their malpractice insurance. If this is truly a "medical" drug, then treat it like any other medical drug, and wait for the data to support it's use and prove its safety and effectiveness. Research should be of the same standard expected of drug companies.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. fix the map

your CHAA map does not work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please be moer specific? Are you looking at cancer rates or in the medical marijuana program?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base