ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

1. Air Ambulance and Medical Flight Companies Licsenses should be listed.

I was trying to do some research on both the <a href="www.flyreva.com">Air Ambulance Company</a>, REVA and the <a href="www.airborneaa.com">Air Ambulance Company</a>, , Airborne Air Ambulance and I can't find if they are licensed in your state.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to contact this office by e-mail

Hello My name is Ralph Cox located in New Jersey looking to confirm the death of my brother in 2008 Loren H.Cox age 58 adress 15248 S.36th Place Phoenix,Arizona my cell phone # is 862-250-2525 any help you can provide would be appreciated. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

There is a link on the Director’s office page to email the Public Information Officer. But you probably would like to speak to someone in Vital Records. You can find inforamtion about applying for a copy of a death certificate on this webpage: http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/death-certificate/
    There is also a link on the left hand side of the page under the address to email questions.

3. External Opportunity (open to the public)

This link is not working. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. growing should not be stoped where theair are no city buses runing

let the people with no public transportation grow and the veary sick who can not drive its not fair we are not for forced to shop at one pharmacie.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law that was passed by the voters determined who could grow and how far away from a dispensary patients must live. This isn’t something we can change at ADHS.

5. follow up on previous feedback

Contacting the Arizona Office of Vital Records regarding obtaining death cerrtificate of relative I will send tem an e-mail but it would make their work easier if I had specific information as to the exact date my brother Loren passed away.Due to differences in opinion regarding my mother's court appointed guardian I have not had contact with any of my family for over 10 years. I found out about his deathh around September or October.2009 around the time my 92 year iold aunt passed away in a nursing home. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. that WIC provide a dairy and soy free package.

First, I would like to say how much our family appreciates what the WIC program has provided for us over the last year. Without this service, our family would be missing out on the vital nutrition that is needed to raise healthy children.

Next I would like to address my suggestion of a dairy and soy free package option. A few weeks after our daughter was born, we she started showing signs of skin allergies and sensitivity. As the days past, it got worse and she was diagnosed with eczema. A month after she was diagnosed with eczema, we found…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback concerning dairy and soy free options in WIC. You have done a great job learning about allergies and are an expert label reader!

Milk and soymilk alternatives such as almond milk or rice milk are not WIC eligible as they are not fortified to nutrient standards required by the program at the national level. Action at the federal level is required to make changes in the WIC nutrition standards.

The Arizona WIC Program offers several dairy and soy free cereals such as Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Corn Chex, and Quaker Instant Oatmeal. WIC also offers a variety of other whole grain products that are soy and dairy free such as brown rice and corn tortillas. Although most canned tuna fish does contain soy, often the canned pink salmon lists only “salmon and salt” as ingredients. Also, WIC approves “any brand” for all canned fish so…

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Internet Explorer update website

I'm not able to make a credit card payment online to renew my assisted living license because you can not have an Internet Explorer any newer than Internet Explorer 7 or 8.

I am using Internet Explorer 10, please keep the website up-to-date so we can use these features. Thank You!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comment. When we developed the application, that was the most common. We are working on a projedt that will update the compatabillity, but it involves more areas of the department and won’t be done for awhile. We appreciate your understanding.

9. No way to find out where the nearest location is

Some of the links on this site do not open up. Also, why is there no clear cut method of finding out the actual locatiions of the ones closest to where we live?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wrong word is used

The area that says who is eligible to get a death certificiate says birth instead of death!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know. We corrected it.

11. Post about Volunteering on FB

Please post how to volunteer on FaceBook...or please contact me there by private message if I can help =) I receive too many emails for advertisements I'm not interested in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have many volunteer opportunities at the Department. The State Hospital needs volunteers; you can learn more on this webpage: http://www.azdhs.gov/azsh/volunteer.htm

Or if you are trained in medical professions, we have a registration where you can sign up to help in an emergency – http://www.azdhs.gov/volunteer/

Or if you are interested in pursuing a career in public health, please contact our Workforce Development Office at http://www.azdhs.gov/oed/

And the state uses “Arizona Interns in Action” to help recruit interns at all departments. Learn more about that at http://www.hr.az.gov/intern/

12. Regarding insurance for pre-existing conditions-not associated with Medicaid

Currently there is a plan in the table to expand Medicaid in Arizona. It is wonderful that the state is going to expand Medicaid for uninsured and underinsured people. The Affordable Care Act is beginning to be implemented in October, 2013. However, one thing that I do not see is what is going to happen to access for insurance for those patients that do not qualify for the Arizona Medicaid program, and have pre-existing conditions. Since Arizona has declined to participate in the insurance pool, how can patients that lose their jobs or are above the existing income levels acquire…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This question is one better posed to the federal government since we do not have an Arizona Exchange. The http://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/ website may be able to help you find the answers you and your customers are seeking.

13. Your link to the death certificate request form is broken

fix the link or list the form number so we may search for it manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide info regarding how to report failure of physician to sign death cert w/in 72 hrs

Provide info or internet link that allows general public to report physicians that fail to either sign death certificate within 72 hours of death or arrange for transfer of patients remains to DME at expiration of 72 hour window if no physician is available to carry out this duty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Arizona Behavioral Risk Factor Survey

I've been receiving phone calls from a company called ICF every night for the past few days, which I did not answer. I looked the number up on line, and found people complaining the same issue. Some mentioned it's a survey for the AZ Department of Health Services. Others doubted it's really for the Department, and I also had doubts about its legitimacy until I got to your web site.

Now that everyone has a caller ID, I do not think a phone survey using a third party is not a very productive way. 1) People won't answer the phone;…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS does contract with a company to make those calls. You can have your phone number removed from the list by emailing Judy.Bass@azdhs.gov. We ask that you just include your phone number and that you would like to be taken off the BRFSS calling list in the email. Please do not sign it or include your name if possible.
    The BRFSS is the best way we have to reach a sample of Arizona residents. We are always looking for ways to improve our process.
    Thank you to the many people who take the time to help us capture a snapshot of the health of Arizonans.

16. a link for online questions would be nice to have on this site

I have a question on who I should contact to report a business that sells aplliances specifically refrigerator/freezers that have icemakers and water dispensers that are so dirty and rusty that they are unhealthy to use. The scam is that the store, Scratch and Dent in Glendale delivers appliances that are different than what the consumer picked out. They advertise a 90day warranty but fail to fix/repair or replace the items. I am not an immigrant but believe that the majority of the customer base at the store is and that the store takes advantage of people who are new…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email request for certified records

It would be significantly more convenient to request certified records via email submission.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow me to make the changes requested and allow me to contact you about the them

I was told to make changes, I opened the application and then saw I needed to completely re do the entire thing, not having a scanner I closed the window and went to Kinkos. Then I was not allowed to re submit for the 2 seconds I opened it before somehow counted as my resubmitting! When I tried to email or otherwise contact online anyone about this I have hit nothing but brick walls. Perhaps you can find a way to not let this happen to anyone else.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you access the resubmission link provided in the email and are not prepared properly to complete the task, you may have inactivated the link. We apologize that we were unavailable when you needed us. We do have a live chat function available on our website, and we are generally available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can always ask us to reactivate the link.

19. Need to list school locations

I can not find school locations in phx. to get a license to open an assisted living home.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To open an assisted living, there is no school required per se. An operator needs to have a manager’s license from the Arizona Board of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Assisted Living Facility Managers – http://www.aznciaboard.us/
    The Board also approves continuing education courses for its licensees.

20. Compliment

Your chat operator was very helpful in correcting an error that I made on the renewal application. This is a very good service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know. It’s nice to hear positive feedback as well as things we can improve upon!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base