ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

1. Birth Ceertificate

You refer people to VitalCheck if copy is needed fast or they can't come to the office. You should find another way you paythese people an arm and a leg but never get the birth certificate. Not olny that they promose to send by a delivery service. The hole thing is a rip off do you guys get a cut of the money or something. I feel like calling the States Attorney or maybe channel 5 or both. Now these people have a copy of my drivers license and my Uniformed Services ID Card that makes me a target for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

We process mail applications for birth and death certificates, but it does take time. We suggest people allow 15-20 business days from when we receive a completed application before they can expect to receive the copy. If people need it sooner, Vital Check is an option.

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Chronic pain opiod tolerant 20+ years patient, unaffordable access for patients living 300% below poverty level, I am denied access 4 $$$$$$

Patients need to be able to grow a victory garden just like food, I am denied access to a medicine that helps my chronic pain issue, worker,s comp injury, stuck on SSDI, medicade, not enough food stamps, or cash to fix roof and bring home more energy efficent repairs to termited damaged home, let allow me to pay $200. a yr for card and pay for disp prices. It needs to be added to Medicade, cause medicare will not. Do away with 25 mile dispensary zones.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 25-mile “dispensary zone” as you call it was approved by the voters. ADHS cannot change it.

4. Medicare coverage?

Arizonas constituents have voted and recognize Medical Marijuana as a viable and preferred medication towards establishing a healthier and more manageable choice of pain management tools.
    I am a 50yr old male paraplegia residing in Yuma,AZ. I have filed and been accepted into the medical marijuana program as of Feb,3 2011. I have my card and I would like to ask for more information concerning the appropriate channels or the proper process to file the required documents to request A.H.C.C.C. and HealthChoice of Arizona and its subsidiaries to recognize Medical Marijuana as a legal and eligible choice of medication and
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Department, Health Services, does not have any control over what other state offices decide to do. And in this case, it is federal money that provides the insurance, so the recommendations from the Departments you contacted (DES and AHCCCS) seem to be appropriate.

5. How does does one afford.

when is it going to be covered on AHCCCS? It should be in formulary? Eating herb is better than smoke

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Medical Marijuana Program  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System is a different state agency. This question should be addressed by it. There was no provision in the Arizona Medical Marijuna Act passed by voters for coverage.

6. When will dispensaries open? We voted on this THREE YEARS AGO AND I AM ******

conservatives have made
    me suffer enough
    get a move on
    we need one in PRESCOTT NOW

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand your frustration. The dispensaries are starting to open up around the state. Cardholders can write to m2programsupport!@azdhs.gov to get a list of operating dispensaries, some of which are offering delivery service.

7. Valley Fever 2012 data missing

The monthly/ yearly data for Valley Fever has not been updated. When will these statistics be available?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Arizona Department of Health Services updates surveillance numbers for commonly reported infectious diseases on a routine basis found here:
    http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oids/data/current.htm. On this webpage, there are four main reports for the year 2012 updated as follows:

• Weekly Communicable Disease Summary by County (updated on Thurs/Fri)
    • Monthly Communicable Disease Summary (updated end of month)
    • Selected Communicable Diseases by Month (updated the 1st week of the month)
    • Year-to-Date Communicable Disease Summary (updated end of month)

We are working on a 2012 valley fever report that will be posted online by mid-2013.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing it to our attention – it has been fixed.

9. Please add the expiration date to the facility license's, we have to call to to get the expiration date.

we are able to obtain the facility license information on the website, but we have to take the time to call the state for an expiration date. that is not very efficient
    Thank You

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The expiration date was not part of the original program. It was kept off because of a concern for not having timely information. So instead of providing information that may not be correct, we ask that you call to ensure it is the best information.

10. assistance getting licensed as a behavioral health technician

can someone steer me in the right direction? I am currently licensed in Colorado as a psychiatric technician and would like to know how do I go about becoming a behavioral health tech here in Arizona since I now reside here in Phoenix. Darryel Poole 719-406-0079

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Online certificate re-order

Allow persons listed on the death certificate to re-order more online by number with a credit card listed to that person to the address listed on the certificate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At present, Arizona rules don’t allow the public to submit on-line orders for death records. While that may change at some point in the future, until it does an order for a death certificate can be submitted by mail. The Arizona Department of Health Services website for vital records provides the details for how to place such an order.

12. I would like a list with email ID's please for Childcare providers in Arizona

We would like to inform them of www.mycourseroom.com which has free training in the areas of childcare, business, leadership, etc. All of these are credentialed and carry CEU and CPE for educators. The files available do not have their email ids.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have a list of child care faciliters emails. You may want to check with the Child Care Association

13. Marijuana Distribution Log

Although DHS has done a great job in reducing the amount of teen smokers, more and more teens are getting a wrong idea that Tobacco is bad for you but Marijuana is ok. Can the ad be adjusted? Also, people (teens included) are getting marijuana from those who have the marijuana card. Shouldn't there be some type of log a marijuana card holder submit to the government with the marijuana they purchase to ensure that it is not overly distributed? I imagine if we can do it with Sudafed, we should be able to do the same with marijuana.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your ideas. The law that governs the use of medical marijuana has some strict ties to it. DHS is working to ensure that we track and enforce those that are in there. However, there is not really anything we can do once the marijuana is in a cardholder’s hands. All cardholders promise not to divert to someone who is not a Cardholder, but the penalty is losing the card if we learn of the diversion.
    On the other hand, we are working through our Behavioral Health Services arm to reduce substance use and abuse. Teens should not be getting the messafe from ADHS that non-medical use of marijuana is okay.

14. HIPAA 404 Footer

Patient Portability (website)
    Patient Privacy
    Maricopa should audit MIHS (InfoSec patient data breach). If I understand the services correctly, it is to benefit an individual and not introduce additional traumas by electronic patient data exposure. Policy, procedure and annual employee training generally reduce these risks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HIPAA covered entities normally are required to assess their own compliance. In addition, the U.S. DHHS Office for Civil Rights randomly audits HIPAA covered entities and also does complaint audits.
    You can file a HIPAA complaint with MIHS; you also can file a HIPAA complaint with OCR online at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/index.html .
    You may contact the Office of Civil Rights Region IX by phone: (415) 437-8310; by fax: (415) 437-8329; by mail: Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 90 7th Street, Suite 4-100, San Francisco, CA 94103.

15. Web site access

The website prevents me from logging on and when I do get on the site to enter AED units, it shuts down saying I do not have authorization. This occurs after I get one AED unit entered, I shutdown and retry as many as 8-18 times before I am able to use the site. This is pretty frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please make sure you are not doing a page refresh during data entry (f5 or ‘refresh’ button) or using the backspace or back in history to go to a different version of the data entry form – that also invalidates the form. Unless canceling a data entry, always use the ‘submit’ button to save a form, especially if you already submitted it and had to add some required information. And always use the links to add a new aed, never go back in browser history to a ‘blank’ form and try to just add another AED via that form, it is bad web practice and causes the form to be invalidated when used a 2nd time.

16. question regarding helping those in need and homeless

can homemade products be put in care packages or must the care packages contain store bought items? what are the laws or guidelines that govern how the care packages must be done,if any? plz advise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are donating for care packages through a program, you should consult the organizers to see what types of preferred foods. Otherwise a good guide would be the rules in place for our homebaked goods program. Those guidelines were written to demonstrate what home-made items are safe when you can’t control the temperature.

17. license renewal form

the instructions for renewal cite using the renewal application, however, a search of forms did not easily identify one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a separate tab on the left-hand side of the Medical Marijuana pages called “Renewal Information” that everyone uses. It links you to this page http://azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/renewals/
    which has the application link in the body of the page.

18. Correct your form

The PO Box you have listed on your death certificate request is wrong - it shows PO Box 2111 but your web site shows PO Box 3887

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. It may seem a little confusing, but the PO Box 3887 listed on our website is for the State Office of Vital Records. PO Box 2111 lis isted on the application is for the Maricopa County Office of Vital Registration. That is because you can apply for a copy from either agency. So they are both correct when you are looknig for a copy of death certificate for Maricopa County.

19. Religious Discrimination

I was treated very disrespectfully at my clinic because I am an atheist. I was told repeatedly that all normal people have spirituality and believe in a higher power. I was even told that my mental health would improve if I joined a church. I tried filing complaints, but I never heard back on any of them. I also tried going to the Office of Human Rights, but they never returned my calls. I finally stopped going to the clinic. I figured going without treatment was far better than the bullying and the persecution I continually received. Don't know if…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for writing. We support a behavioral health system that respects individual beliefs and preferences and we encourage him to contact the Department’s Office of Customer Services so that we can look into this matter – http://azdhs.gov/bhs/bcr.htm or 602-364-4558.

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. The Arizona WIC program is a partner with CNMI WIC for the WIC computer system only. We do not have oversight of their clinic operations and customer service. To speak with the Saipan clinic manager about your experience, you can call 670-664-4084.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base