Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. I am dumb founded

My Idea is this, I can not believe what the ADHS has put me through to get my deceased husband's death certificate. I have been trying to get this certificate since July of 2011. it is funny how I had to do all the leg work for this department, just to get a lovely letter saying that i was not listed as the spouse on the death certificate and was not eligible as spouse. I had to laugh so hard at the fact that the state of Arizona Department Vital Records did not recognize the legal Marriage Certificate issued to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Thank you for providing additional information to our staff. We are addressing your situation.

The Arizona Office of Vital Records issues only birth and death certificates. It does not issue marriage certificates.
    To be eligible as the spouse to receive a certified copy of a death certificate, the surviving spouse must provide documentation that they were in fact married to the decedent at the time of death.
    A marriage certificate alone does not provide sufficient proof that the marriage was still intact at the time of death. In this particular case the death certificate marital status must be in conflict with the applicant’s claim of being the spouse.
    If the information regarding the marital status (which is provided by the informant on the death record) is in error, the applicant may file for a correction to the death record with the Office of Vital Record’s Death Registry.
    If the marital…

2. Needing a birth certificate

I live in Sioux City, IA, and I need to get a state ID, and a drivers license. In the state of Iowa you need your birth certificate and SSC to obtain this. I was born in Phoenix, AZ and do not have my original birth certificate. I came to this website and called the office to try and get it mailed to me, but you cant unless you have the necessary identification. which I do not. I cant obtain any of the necessary identification with out my birth certificate, so how can I or people like me go about…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For applicants who do not have the required identification required for an Arizona birth certificate they can complete the Application for an Arizona Birth Certificate and have their signature notarized. The notarized application and the fee can then be submitted to the State Office of Vital Records for processing. The birth certificate application form can be found at
    http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/index.htm

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Wrong word is used

The area that says who is eligible to get a death certificiate says birth instead of death!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know. We corrected it.

5. I need help I am with a government agency and need birth verification. Our written request has not been responded to and we are unable spea

to speak with anyone. What are we supposed to do to receive the verification we need for our official job function of verifying eligibility for Public Assistance and Food Stamps?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let me hear from you upon your receiving Death Certificate information

I have been waiting for 3 weeks to get a Death Certificate. This is too long since I need to get to Social Security, Banks, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Depending on when you ordered the copy of your birth certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

7. Name of person of interest

There was no costs listed and also I couldn't tell if the person I wanted to find even had a death certificate in this state.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Death Certificates are only available to certain people by state law in Arizona until 50 years after their death. If it has been more than 50 years, we have a free website to get a copy of the document.
    If a death occured less than 50 years ago (before 1962), you would need to know specific informaiton about an individual and be within the authorized categories to obtain a copy. There is a link to the fee schedule on the left hand side of the page.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Question: Can the Acknowledgment of Paternity be completed and signed by both parents (biological) without doing a DNA test?

Possible Answers: I would prefer to review the birth certificate before giving a general answer because depending on the scenario a “general” response could provide incorrect direction.
    • In the case where there is not a father’s name currently listed on the birth record then the answer is no, DNA testing is not necessary.
    • If there is a father’s name currently listed on the birth certificate, then DNA testing may be required by the court to confirm the real father before a certified court order of paternity is granted to add the correct father to the birth certificate.
    • Another scenario could be that “husband’s information” is listed on the birth certificate. This means the mother was married when she gave birth and her husband is the legally presumed father.…

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide info regarding how to report failure of physician to sign death cert w/in 72 hrs

Provide info or internet link that allows general public to report physicians that fail to either sign death certificate within 72 hours of death or arrange for transfer of patients remains to DME at expiration of 72 hour window if no physician is available to carry out this duty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your link to the death certificate request form is broken

fix the link or list the form number so we may search for it manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make it easier to figure out what form and where to send it to

I am in the adoption process and need a copy of my birth certificate. your web site has only one form that i found to request a copy of my birth certificate, but it states if I was born prior to 1990, then i have to file my application with the state. this is very frustrating as there is no further information. do i need a different application? what is the address of the state office? a phone number? can't we just make everything online so we can streamline things? can we put ALL INFORMATION on one web page instead…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. follow up on previous feedback

Contacting the Arizona Office of Vital Records regarding obtaining death cerrtificate of relative I will send tem an e-mail but it would make their work easier if I had specific information as to the exact date my brother Loren passed away.Due to differences in opinion regarding my mother's court appointed guardian I have not had contact with any of my family for over 10 years. I found out about his deathh around September or October.2009 around the time my 92 year iold aunt passed away in a nursing home. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to contact this office by e-mail

Hello My name is Ralph Cox located in New Jersey looking to confirm the death of my brother in 2008 Loren H.Cox age 58 adress 15248 S.36th Place Phoenix,Arizona my cell phone # is 862-250-2525 any help you can provide would be appreciated. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a link on the Director’s office page to email the Public Information Officer. But you probably would like to speak to someone in Vital Records. You can find inforamtion about applying for a copy of a death certificate on this webpage: http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/death-certificate/
    There is also a link on the left hand side of the page under the address to email questions.

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s an interesting suggestion. At this time we do not have any plans to provide that service. Depending on when you ordered the copy of your birth certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

17. Email to direct office

I NEED SOMEONE A CONTACT PERSON
    FOR DEATH CERT. I MAIL FOR A DEATH CERT ON 2/15/2013
    I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A LETTER OR ANYTING

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Depending on when you ordered the copy of the death certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 7-10 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

18. Correct your form

The PO Box you have listed on your death certificate request is wrong - it shows PO Box 2111 but your web site shows PO Box 3887

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. It may seem a little confusing, but the PO Box 3887 listed on our website is for the State Office of Vital Records. PO Box 2111 lis isted on the application is for the Maricopa County Office of Vital Registration. That is because you can apply for a copy from either agency. So they are both correct when you are looknig for a copy of death certificate for Maricopa County.

19. Online certificate re-order

Allow persons listed on the death certificate to re-order more online by number with a credit card listed to that person to the address listed on the certificate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At present, Arizona rules don’t allow the public to submit on-line orders for death records. While that may change at some point in the future, until it does an order for a death certificate can be submitted by mail. The Arizona Department of Health Services website for vital records provides the details for how to place such an order.

20. Birth Ceertificate

You refer people to VitalCheck if copy is needed fast or they can't come to the office. You should find another way you paythese people an arm and a leg but never get the birth certificate. Not olny that they promose to send by a delivery service. The hole thing is a rip off do you guys get a cut of the money or something. I feel like calling the States Attorney or maybe channel 5 or both. Now these people have a copy of my drivers license and my Uniformed Services ID Card that makes me a target for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We process mail applications for birth and death certificates, but it does take time. We suggest people allow 15-20 business days from when we receive a completed application before they can expect to receive the copy. If people need it sooner, Vital Check is an option.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base