Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Your link to the death certificate request form is broken

fix the link or list the form number so we may search for it manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide info regarding how to report failure of physician to sign death cert w/in 72 hrs

Provide info or internet link that allows general public to report physicians that fail to either sign death certificate within 72 hours of death or arrange for transfer of patients remains to DME at expiration of 72 hour window if no physician is available to carry out this duty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve your website for vital records.

Your website for birth and death records is difficult to navigate and find the necessary information. Apparently you accept mailed requests but there is not clear indication of where to mail the requests. In one place I did find a street address but no zip code. It seemed to be written for someone trying to actually go to the physical address.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Needing a birth certificate

I live in Sioux City, IA, and I need to get a state ID, and a drivers license. In the state of Iowa you need your birth certificate and SSC to obtain this. I was born in Phoenix, AZ and do not have my original birth certificate. I came to this website and called the office to try and get it mailed to me, but you cant unless you have the necessary identification. which I do not. I cant obtain any of the necessary identification with out my birth certificate, so how can I or people like me go about…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

For applicants who do not have the required identification required for an Arizona birth certificate they can complete the Application for an Arizona Birth Certificate and have their signature notarized. The notarized application and the fee can then be submitted to the State Office of Vital Records for processing. The birth certificate application form can be found at
    http://www.azdhs.gov/vitalrcd/index.htm

7. I am dumb founded

My Idea is this, I can not believe what the ADHS has put me through to get my deceased husband's death certificate. I have been trying to get this certificate since July of 2011. it is funny how I had to do all the leg work for this department, just to get a lovely letter saying that i was not listed as the spouse on the death certificate and was not eligible as spouse. I had to laugh so hard at the fact that the state of Arizona Department Vital Records did not recognize the legal Marriage Certificate issued to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing additional information to our staff. We are addressing your situation.

The Arizona Office of Vital Records issues only birth and death certificates. It does not issue marriage certificates.
    To be eligible as the spouse to receive a certified copy of a death certificate, the surviving spouse must provide documentation that they were in fact married to the decedent at the time of death.
    A marriage certificate alone does not provide sufficient proof that the marriage was still intact at the time of death. In this particular case the death certificate marital status must be in conflict with the applicant’s claim of being the spouse.
    If the information regarding the marital status (which is provided by the informant on the death record) is in error, the applicant may file for a correction to the death record with the Office of Vital Record’s Death Registry.
    If the marital…

8. There needs to be a way to actually speak to to a person or email

I mailed an application for a death certificate but forgot to put the check in the envelope. I would like to pay by phone or send the check but i need to \speak to some one and when i called i was disconnected twice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it easier to report a reoccurring offender of salmonella distributor.cases

I have been trying to report this store for years and a death will more tan likely occur or has already if someone doesn't do something about it. This sent to the Frys store today May 5th 2012:
    For years I have shopped at the frys store at 43rd Ave. and McDowell in Phoenix Az. I have had salmonello at least 3 times from their eggs. The policy of taking good eggs from cartons with broken eggs and transferring them to other cartons changes the date of the eggs from the carton they are put in. Years ago they make…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can file a complaint with Maricopa County Environmental Services. Their phone number is 602-506-6616 or you can file a complaint on-line at
    http://www.maricopa.gov/EnvSvc/Complaints/Forms/ComplaintInput.aspx. They will look into this problem.

From a food safety perspective, thorough cooking is an important step in making sure eggs are safe. Eggs should be cooked until they are firm and not runny, this will kill the harmful bacteria.

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It would be helpful for us to have more information. You can reach us by phone at 602-364-1300, email at webovr@azdhs.gov or mail at Office of Vital Records, Post Office Box 3887, Phoenix, Arizona, 85030.

11. How to get a new birth certificate with changed name, when living out of US. My son is born in AZ. Please let me know.

I want to change my sons name who was born in AZ, but living outside US, i.e India, how could i do that from India, i need a new birth certificate with changed name, please suggest. And also once i take divorce what should be filled in respect to father's name column, or how it goes with a son living with his mother and how the new/changed birth certificate would be issued, please suggest.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If the child’s name is currently listed on the birth certificate but you want to know what is required to change the child’s name on a birth record, the following are the general requirements according to the age of the child:

• Birth to 90 days old – only the Affidavit to Correct is required to change the name. This form can be found on the Vital Records website referenced below.

• 91 days to less than 1 year old – Affidavit to Correct and an independent factual document listing the new name (complete name – first, middle, last) to be listed on the birth certificate. The independent factual document must have been established within the first six months of the child’s life.

• 1 year old and older – A court order that orders a legal name change for the child and that has been certified by the court…

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Each case is different. The time needed to register a death record depends on a number of issues such as how long it takes the medical certifier to complete the cause of death information, or the time it takes if the record requires input from the county medical examiner as well as other factors. The county health department in the county where the death occurred should be able to provide you with some assistance.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. your phone # is never working/poor customer service.

I have been calling for weeks to your office on 19th ave and once a selection is entered phone call disconnects. The 2 times that I have been in to the office the customer service has been extremely poor. I had to deal with employees rudeness and after all I still have not received a copy of the birth certificate, ordered since 11/14/12.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know about the phone situation. We had some work done yesterday and believe it is fixed now. In the meantime, someone will be contacting you through your email about your specific concerns.

15. Costs are not clear on the certificate of death and stillbirth certificate.

Please be more clear about the costs so I know how much to send in.

What if want it to be sent by regular mail? What is that cost? Do I add the$10 processing cost plus the mail costs? If I want two copies is it $10 each or $10 total?
    I suggest that you have two separate boxes or lines
    1. Processing Cost of $___ for each (or is it for as many as we want?)
    Plus
    2. Shipping cost
    Regular mail
    Expedited (and list all the categories)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The website for the Arizona State Office of Vital Records is:

http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/index.htm

Once you are at that website you can select “Death Certificates” on the left side of the page. From there you can select information on fetal death and certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth. The information will tell you who is eligible to apply and also includes the form to complete to apply.

When you apply directly to the State Office of Vital Records the fee for one copy of a fetal death certificate is $20.00 and the fee for a copy of a certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth is $20.00. The certificate fee includes the cost of sending the order by regular mail.

If you were trying to place your order through a third party provider for expedited services (e.g. VitalChek), that company charges additional fees for processing and for UPS delivery. VitalChek can be accessed…

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Office of Vital Records would like to provide a thorough response to your question; therefore, more detailed information is required such as the registrant’s name that currently is listed on the birth record, date of birth and mother’s maiden name. Please contact the Office of Vital Records at 602-364-1300 and ask for the Corrections Unit or you can login to the website and send an e-mail to the WEBOVR. Thanks for your inquiry.

17. Post the price of a birth certificate

I see dollar amounts for expedited service but I can not see anywhere the cost of a birth certificate by regular mail. Can you tell me how much it is?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. RE: Death Certificates

Need a link or list the County fee on the "Apply for a Death Certificate" Page. I had to search around the web site to find it. And, the online service section confuses that issue as these are separate fees.
    Also, need to be more explicit as to where to mail an application. I assume I can mail it to ANY office, but that is not clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of the fees are listed on the Fee Schedules page (a tab on the left). Because Counties may have different fees, you have to click on the County to ensure the proper address and fee for each one separately. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a link on theleft hand side of the page that takes you to fee schedules. Because there are many ways to order a copy of certificates and the prices may vary between sources, we have a special page.

20. make he list of acdeptable identification to request a birth cert easy to find

I searched around and around looking for what I.D. could be used to request a birth cert.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Everything is available on the website under Birth Certificates, Apply for a Birth Certificate. You can find the information here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base