Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide info regarding how to report failure of physician to sign death cert w/in 72 hrs

Provide info or internet link that allows general public to report physicians that fail to either sign death certificate within 72 hours of death or arrange for transfer of patients remains to DME at expiration of 72 hour window if no physician is available to carry out this duty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Your link to the death certificate request form is broken

fix the link or list the form number so we may search for it manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your online provider, vital records check, is a scam.

I tried to obtain a birth certificate through them. I submitted all documentation requested via their website and got confirmation of receipt. They charged my card, and then cancelled my order. There is no way to get in touch with a person, and will not correct their error. What a scam, and one endorsed and supported by the state of Arizona, no less.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Wrong word is used

The area that says who is eligible to get a death certificiate says birth instead of death!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Thank you for letting us know. We corrected it.

6. follow up on previous feedback

Contacting the Arizona Office of Vital Records regarding obtaining death cerrtificate of relative I will send tem an e-mail but it would make their work easier if I had specific information as to the exact date my brother Loren passed away.Due to differences in opinion regarding my mother's court appointed guardian I have not had contact with any of my family for over 10 years. I found out about his deathh around September or October.2009 around the time my 92 year iold aunt passed away in a nursing home. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to contact this office by e-mail

Hello My name is Ralph Cox located in New Jersey looking to confirm the death of my brother in 2008 Loren H.Cox age 58 adress 15248 S.36th Place Phoenix,Arizona my cell phone # is 862-250-2525 any help you can provide would be appreciated. thanks ralph cox

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a link on the Director’s office page to email the Public Information Officer. But you probably would like to speak to someone in Vital Records. You can find inforamtion about applying for a copy of a death certificate on this webpage: http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/death-certificate/
    There is also a link on the left hand side of the page under the address to email questions.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s an interesting suggestion. At this time we do not have any plans to provide that service. Depending on when you ordered the copy of your birth certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

9. Email to direct office

I NEED SOMEONE A CONTACT PERSON
    FOR DEATH CERT. I MAIL FOR A DEATH CERT ON 2/15/2013
    I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A LETTER OR ANYTING

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Depending on when you ordered the copy of the death certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 7-10 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

10. Correct your form

The PO Box you have listed on your death certificate request is wrong - it shows PO Box 2111 but your web site shows PO Box 3887

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. It may seem a little confusing, but the PO Box 3887 listed on our website is for the State Office of Vital Records. PO Box 2111 lis isted on the application is for the Maricopa County Office of Vital Registration. That is because you can apply for a copy from either agency. So they are both correct when you are looknig for a copy of death certificate for Maricopa County.

11. Online certificate re-order

Allow persons listed on the death certificate to re-order more online by number with a credit card listed to that person to the address listed on the certificate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At present, Arizona rules don’t allow the public to submit on-line orders for death records. While that may change at some point in the future, until it does an order for a death certificate can be submitted by mail. The Arizona Department of Health Services website for vital records provides the details for how to place such an order.

12. list deceased persons

I would like to know if there is some way I could find out if someone has past away. I would not ask for a death certificate....just a date if they have in fact, died. Is that under public notice? Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Arizona death records are confidential until 50 years after the year of death. If the death occurred less than 50 years ago, the Office of Vital Records cannot share that information except through the process of issuing a certified copy of the death record. Only those individuals eligible under Arizona statute to receive a certified copy of a death record will receive one.

Deaths that occurred more than 50 years ago are public record and can be searched for at http://genealogy.az.gov/

In addition, you may search the Social Security Death Index to see if that site has information on a death that is less than 50 years ago.

13. Birth Ceertificate

You refer people to VitalCheck if copy is needed fast or they can't come to the office. You should find another way you paythese people an arm and a leg but never get the birth certificate. Not olny that they promose to send by a delivery service. The hole thing is a rip off do you guys get a cut of the money or something. I feel like calling the States Attorney or maybe channel 5 or both. Now these people have a copy of my drivers license and my Uniformed Services ID Card that makes me a target for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We process mail applications for birth and death certificates, but it does take time. We suggest people allow 15-20 business days from when we receive a completed application before they can expect to receive the copy. If people need it sooner, Vital Check is an option.

14. licensed midwives

I am a mother who has a lovely "failure to progress" listed on my medical report on the birth of my daughter. When really, it was a failed unnecessary induction full of bantering by nurses who did not care a thing about me. The doctor did not even come to the hospital for the 14_ hours while I labored, stuck to my bed, even though I wanted to walk and be able to use my body to help progress the labor that my body was not even ready for.

I have had a VBAC, attended by hospital midwives. I want…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your opinions are important to us, but this is not the correct place to leave them. Please use the Survey available at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YX8VYBP so your comments can be considered in the pending changes concerning midwives.

15. your phone # is never working/poor customer service.

I have been calling for weeks to your office on 19th ave and once a selection is entered phone call disconnects. The 2 times that I have been in to the office the customer service has been extremely poor. I had to deal with employees rudeness and after all I still have not received a copy of the birth certificate, ordered since 11/14/12.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know about the phone situation. We had some work done yesterday and believe it is fixed now. In the meantime, someone will be contacting you through your email about your specific concerns.

16. Make new birth certificate form available online

Please make the PDF form for a new birth certificate available online to fill out in advance prior to going to vital records. There is only a form to request a copy, not new. The for we received from the hospital after the birth of our child was lost and having it online would have saved us time and hassle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Request for a Copy of a Certified Birth Certificate form is located on our website at http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/documents/application-certificate-birth.pdf. This form has always been located on the website and it is in fillable form so that you may type in most of the information, print and sign it. The term “copy” refers to the certified birth record/certificate. If you have any further questions concerning purchasing certificates, please call the Office of Vital Records at 602-364-1300. Thanks for your inquiry.

17. make he list of acdeptable identification to request a birth cert easy to find

I searched around and around looking for what I.D. could be used to request a birth cert.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Everything is available on the website under Birth Certificates, Apply for a Birth Certificate. You can find the information here.

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a link on theleft hand side of the page that takes you to fee schedules. Because there are many ways to order a copy of certificates and the prices may vary between sources, we have a special page.

19. RE: Death Certificates

Need a link or list the County fee on the "Apply for a Death Certificate" Page. I had to search around the web site to find it. And, the online service section confuses that issue as these are separate fees.
    Also, need to be more explicit as to where to mail an application. I assume I can mail it to ANY office, but that is not clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of the fees are listed on the Fee Schedules page (a tab on the left). Because Counties may have different fees, you have to click on the County to ensure the proper address and fee for each one separately. I hope this helps clear up any confusion.

20. Post the price of a birth certificate

I see dollar amounts for expedited service but I can not see anywhere the cost of a birth certificate by regular mail. Can you tell me how much it is?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base