Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

98 results found

1. Have received UNCERTIFIED copies of Birth Certificate/NEED CERTIFIED COPY

I am writing on behalf of an 18 year old student who has been trying to obtain his certified birth certificate. He has sent in requested document/money and receives uncertified copies. As a result he cannot obtain his driver's license in Tx. Could someone please clarify this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear of the trouble the applicant is receiving in obtaining a certified copy of his birth certificate. The State of Arizona is considered a closed record state so we are unable to release specific information to you unless you meet the eligibility requirements. The Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records would be happy to assist the applicant with his questions. Please share the following phone number and website for the applicant to obtain more information (888) 816-5907 or (602) 364-1300. http://azdhs.gov/vital-records/

2. Birth Certificate status?

I am a case worker in Wilmington, Delaware and have been working with my client to obtain his birth certificate so that he is able to get housing. I ordered the certificate from vitalchek.com, and everything was going fine until he got an email stating that the order had been voided. I contacted vitalchek.com and they said something on the certificate did not match the information that my client gave them. They could not give any further detail. I tried to call Arizona vital records, but when trying to speak with a representative, I found that I would just be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If an applicant provides information that does not match the record we have on file, we will not fulfill the order. This is for the protection of our registrants, to ensure we do not issue a record to somebody who is not entitled to the record. Without knowing what selection the caller is making that is not allowing her to get through on our customer service line, it is difficult to give direction as to how to contact our office and speak to a representative. The customer may want to send an email to the WEBOVR@azdhs.gov email address which will get her issue directed to the operations manager who oversees issuance of birth and death certificates.

3. Information Parity

On the Application for Certified Copy of Birth Certificate it states at the bottom to "PLEASE INCLUDE A SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH YOUR REQUEST", while the http://www.azdhs.gov/vital-records/birth-certificate/apply.htm page to apply by mail, does not list this requirement.

Please update one or the other to show consistent instructions.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback to better improve the Arizona Department of Health Services, Office of Vital Records website. We apologize if you found information confusing. The information pertaining to needing a self-addressed stamped envelope included with an application for a birth certificate is correct and is required to be included in every application. We will work to incorporate your feedback and improve the consistency of our website. Should you have further questions please feel free to contact the Arizona Department of Health Services Office of Vital Records directly at (602) 364-1300.

4. Purged files

How often do you purge your DEATH files and also MOVED AWAY files??

Aren't they supposed to be purged every year so they don't show up on the voting records????? What is the law on this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We aren’t responsible for maintaining or updates voting registration the appropriate agency is the Arizona Secretary of State. However, our Office of Vital Records is responsible for registering and preserving vital records, consisting of Birth, Death and Fetal Death events in the State of Arizona.

5. I am the surving spouse located in California and paid over $120 to obtain death certificate I have sent proof why daughter notified first

I want to be refunded because I am proving the records of death were reported wrong by a distant relative. I am trying to get survivor benefits and I have proved I was separated and not divorced. Why can't this be decided in the department with all the legal documents provided. Why must the relative that hates me the widow go through this? There was a sister that took care of his hospital stays, flew to Mexico to get him transferred back to Arizona. I could work with her but not the step children. I have proof and spent a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please contact the State Office of Vital Records at 602-364-1300 for assistance.

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comment. Your comment did not post completely. If you are asking if you should send a copy of a birth certificate or the original to obtain a death certificate – the answer is a photocopy.

7. When will the statistics of births per hospital be available for 2013?

When will the statistics of births per hospital be available for 2013?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for asking. We’ll have that data available on our website by the middle of June.

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for writing. On the left hand side of the website, there is a link to fee schedules. Prices change depending on where you ask for a copy of the certificate so we cannot just say it costs $xx.

9. You need to provide printable versions of the info on this site.

I am trying to provide the information on the Apply for a Birth Certificate page to a client, but I can't print off the important information found on the side bar, which includes your physical and mailing address. This side bar does not print.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your comment. Our system is not set up for printing the information on the left navigation. The best option would be to take a screen grab of the page and print that. You could also highlight the information and paste into an email or document for printing.

10. i think that you should make a way to order the birth certicates online to get them send by mail

there should be more ways of getting the birth certificates aside of mailing the form and getting it in the mail or going in person there should be a way to order them online and receive it by mail

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. request death records martin w.hayes

request a death certificate for martin w.hayes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. question only

How will I know when my ex-husband remarries or dies?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make it easier to figure out what form and where to send it to

I am in the adoption process and need a copy of my birth certificate. your web site has only one form that i found to request a copy of my birth certificate, but it states if I was born prior to 1990, then i have to file my application with the state. this is very frustrating as there is no further information. do i need a different application? what is the address of the state office? a phone number? can't we just make everything online so we can streamline things? can we put ALL INFORMATION on one web page instead…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need help I am with a government agency and need birth verification. Our written request has not been responded to and we are unable spea

to speak with anyone. What are we supposed to do to receive the verification we need for our official job function of verifying eligibility for Public Assistance and Food Stamps?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let me hear from you upon your receiving Death Certificate information

I have been waiting for 3 weeks to get a Death Certificate. This is too long since I need to get to Social Security, Banks, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Depending on when you ordered the copy of your birth certificate, it may be on its way. The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is 15 to 20 business days from the date the application is received by Vital Records. You are welcome to call our customer service to check on the status of your order: 602-364-1300.

17. Name of person of interest

There was no costs listed and also I couldn't tell if the person I wanted to find even had a death certificate in this state.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Death Certificates are only available to certain people by state law in Arizona until 50 years after their death. If it has been more than 50 years, we have a free website to get a copy of the document.
    If a death occured less than 50 years ago (before 1962), you would need to know specific informaiton about an individual and be within the authorized categories to obtain a copy. There is a link to the fee schedule on the left hand side of the page.

18. Improve Vital Records- Adoption Process

It is a disgrace that adoptive parents need to wait this long to get an updated birth certificate. My case it has been 1 month and 2 weeks. Not only the State make it horrible and difficult to finalize the Adoption process, but on top we need to deal with incompetent staff that blames supervisor for the delay in approving amendments. Why is this difficult should be a happy process. Perhaps your staff have no IDEA how many things get delayed because this important document is not available. Also, it is almost impossible to reach a supervisor in this department.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know about the experience you had with The Office of Vital Records. We apologize for the difficulty you faced during this process.
    Various factors can potentially impact the timely issuance of an amended birth certificate after adoption.
    We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you directly to make sure your experience is better during this important time for your family. Our Corrections Unit can be reached at (602) 364-1200.
    Please reference the guidelines for adoptive parents on how to facilitate a timely amendment to a birth certificate after adoption;
    Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S. 36-§336) states that all courts in the State of Arizona shall submit the Certificates of Adoptions, court orders of adoption and court orders for modification of an adoption to the State Office of Vital Records by the 10th day of the month immediately preceding the month in which the adoption was…

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Question: Can the Acknowledgment of Paternity be completed and signed by both parents (biological) without doing a DNA test?

Possible Answers: I would prefer to review the birth certificate before giving a general answer because depending on the scenario a “general” response could provide incorrect direction.
    • In the case where there is not a father’s name currently listed on the birth record then the answer is no, DNA testing is not necessary.
    • If there is a father’s name currently listed on the birth certificate, then DNA testing may be required by the court to confirm the real father before a certified court order of paternity is granted to add the correct father to the birth certificate.
    • Another scenario could be that “husband’s information” is listed on the birth certificate. This means the mother was married when she gave birth and her husband is the legally presumed father.…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base