Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

222 results found

1. REPEAL THE 25 MILE RULE

The "25 mile" rule was said to be implemented to deter medical marijuana related crimes. It has the apparently unintentional effect of creating a state monitored medical marijuana monopoly. The "25 mile" rule will also keep the prices of medical marijuana artificially high. If prop 203 is about compassion for the sick then this law cannot have a restriction on patient cultivating rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

The issue you bring up was part of the initiative pssed by voters. To change any part of that would require a vote by the public; the Department cannot change the 25-mile rule.
    As Mr. Wilber dos not point out, this was an intitiative. After proposition 105 passed in 1998, decidions made by voters in initiatives are harder to change. Proposition 105 prohibits the legislature from ever repealing approved ballot measures, and requires a very large vote - 3/4 majority- to enact any amendments to an intiative. In addition, any amendments must “further the purposes” of the approved initiative; they cannot change its intent.
    You can learn more at the Arizona Smart Voter website – http://www.smartvoter.org/1998nov/az/state/prop/105/

2. 25 mile rule conflicts with Prop 106

25 mile rule should be amended/removed. This is why:

Besides the fact that it is unconstitutional and that dispensaries will create a monopoly, it is in direct conflict of Prop 106 that was recently passed. Here is a quote about prop 106:

Proposition 106 was proposed to amend the Arizona Constitution by barring any rules or regulations that would force state residents to participate in a health-care system.

The fact that I would be forced to go to a Dispensary rather than produce myself, is forcing me to participate in a health care system.

That is already known

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters included the 25 mile requirement. Until that law is changed by voters, the legislature, or there is a judicial ruling, ADHS must enforce the law as written.

3. I would like to NOT continue to have my caregiver anymore. Their priceas are too high for me .

i would rather walk into a Dispensary and see for my self what I am purchasing & be able to pick which one I need. I DO NOT want to have to pay my so called "CaregiverAZ" $200. for no longer needing their services. I want the card they have for me to expire when my card is to expire, but I am Renewing my card. I am Renewing my card.. I just don't want them anymore. Theyu moved locations on me & now it is ****** for me to get to them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To remove your caregiver, you will need to make a change to your card. You can visit our website at: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/ to access the change feature. Once you are in the change application, you can choose to remove your caregiver. Before completing this, you will need to print, complete, and have available for downloading the Add/Replace Caregiver form located here: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/forms/. You will also need an electronic copy of your identification and will pay a $10 change fee.

However, if you are renewing your card and have not yet completed the renewal application, you can elect to remove your caregiver at the time you renew your card. If you choose to remove your designated caregiver during the renewal application process, your caregiver’s card is voided once your renewal application has been approved.

Please note that a designated caregiver should not be receiving any money from you other than actual…

4. Video Updates

Hi Will,

How about some current video updates? The last update is when the last draft rules were posted.

Patients would like to hear you speak about the current situation and what is being done to implement the AMMA.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can subscribe to updates through the website. As soon as anything develops, you receive an email. That’s much faster than waiting for us to produce a video. Thank you for the suggestion though.

5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for expressing your opinion. Until there is a decision about the federal law, ADHS will continue to provide cards, but not license dispensaries.

6. Regulations for those around MMJ dispensaries

Regulations for families that want to have the air quality tested in their homes near these caregivers and dispensaries. Who to call when you see greenhouses being built and not enough electrical support to them which in turns causes an explosion and fire less then 10 feet from my child. I read your website protecting the MMJ people but is there any support for those being affected negatively who do no use MMJ? We should have rights, our children should have rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dispensaries will have to comply with local zoning rules – you should see what regulations your city or county has in place.

7. I feel I was scammed.

When I paid $150 to the State of Arizona for my MMJ card, I wasn't aware that the State of Arizona was also going to sue, to keep me from getting my medication. The laws are written as such, that I have to find a caregiver willing to give me marijuana, of which to date I have found no takers.
       Since the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program has been halted by the same people that issued my card, am I entitled to a refund, or at least have my mmj card pro-rated until I can purchase medicine legally? 

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no provision for refunds, because it was an application fee that was used when you applied. You can still obtain medical marijuana if you need it. You may ask to be authorized to grow marijuana for yourself or use a designated caregiver.

8. How come I am not entitled to any compensation for the medication I produce?

I have spent 1000's of dollars on the best equipment to grow medical grade marijuana, countless hours learning how to produce medical marijuana, and many more hours educating other patients about medical marijuana. Why am I not entitled to any compensation for the knowledge and services I provide?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters last November does not allow a person to grow marijuana for-profit. If you are a caregiver, you may be entitled to reimbursement for your expenses under the law under 5e.

9. Dont turn Medical cannabis into Big Pharma - keep growers legal

First off, thank you for this great web page and feedback section, and thank you for all your work on the MMJ program.

That said, The 25 mile rule must be repealed. There are no benefits to the patient with this system, only to the monopolized Big Boys. These people will rob Arizonans, not help them. The plan worked much better without the dispensaries. Either get rid of the dispensaries, or the 25 mile rule. Please dont turn honest growers into criminals, this is not what we the people voted for!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually it is what the voters decided. The 25-mile rule is part of the initiative that was passed by the voters.

10. Include PTSD and Social Anxiety to list of Medical Marijuana patients

Medical Marijuana is being proved to be much safer than other pharmaceuticals in treating these issues.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s important that people who have scientific information about the viability of marijuana as a medicine provide it to the Department. We have a form set up to make it easy http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VFSKND7
    Posting anecdotal infomration in the form or on this forum will not impact the department’s decision.

11. Update the Fingerprint Card Clearance Update Request to DPS

DPS updated their form over a year ago and will not accept the form available here.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Question: Unable to attain a letter from the local governing body

How will AZDHS handle CHAAs where the city or country refuse to sign a letter stating that the location qualifies. This refusal which is currently the case in several locations is driven by the fear that Jan Brewer's lawsuit instilled in various governing bodies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. employment in arizona mmj industry

i would be willing to move to arizona for job in the mmj industry i am disablel only real problem i have is left hand does not work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Arizona, Dispensaries will not be run by the state. You’ll need to check the employment section of the newspapers or online. Good luck with your job search.

14. Patient Rights regarding Dispensary Treatment

Many "Patients" are being treated like lower class citizens, by dispensary Staff. We are not Customers/Clients/ Consumers we are Medical Patients. Staff needs to have training in "Patient" Compassionate Care. NOT JUST Card Carriers who smoke marijuana. All the information you have is only about opening a BIG MONEY MAKING Business to grow and dispense marijuana.. STOP the Cheech & Chong Atmosphere Patients HAVE RIGHTS please address them for the public & as a reference for Patients and Dispensaries alike. Many of us are being ABUSED and mistreated.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. tell us where we can move

outside the 25 mile rule

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The 25-mile rule was set by the voters. The actual boundaries will be determined by where the licensed dispensaries are operating. At this time, there is no public information about that.

16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Medical Marijuana cards are valid for one year after they are issued. If you are assigned the card on April 24, 2013, it is valid until April 23, 2014.

17. Care giver

Can you send me something to let me know how much a caregiver can charge for medical marijuana, for their patients ??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS does not have information on that.

18. Implement the Voter's of Arizona's Will on Medical Marijuana

Stop playing games with the Law. There are many cancer patients in Arizona who need Medical Marijuana in order to permit them to endure Chemotherapy and other illnesses. Harm in the name of Help that's Arizona...............

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

After the Judicial process was completed, ADHS is moving forward with implementation of the Arizona Medical Mairjuana Act.

19. Clarify how you can "provide an uninterrupted supply of meds".

How can I maintain an "uninterrupted supply of medication," when I can only possess 2.5 onces at a time. It takes 6-8 months for a plant to mature and you would have to have a plant mature every 2 weeks to maintain this. What am supposed to do with the excess, as a plant will produce far more then that at one time. Can I drop off the extra with you or at the police station and pick up my 2.5 ounces bi-weekly? I am trying to abide by the law, but unable to figure out how to do this…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a question where you might want to get legal advice. The parameters were set in what th voters passed into law.

20. Uploading information

How do I go about "uploading" the required documentation?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a live web chat person available to help you upload documents during the business day or you can email questions through that service as well. You will find Web Chat on the left hand side of the medical marijuana pages.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base