Skip to content

ADHS Customer Feedback

Welcome to the Arizona Department of Health Services’ Customer Feedback Forum. Please submit your feedback below. We strive to deliver the best resources and services possible and look forward to hearing from you!

222 results found

1. Employers not following the law, what to do?

Recently, my place of employment decided to change its position to not allowing medical marijuana cards. Though many attempts have been made to explain that this is illegal (unless they are losing federal funds or a federal contract), they have decided to stay with this decision. 
      There needs to be a page where the patients can report a company, if they feel the company is not following the MMJ laws. The state could then send a letter to the employer, explaining the laws and penalties for discrimination.
      There is a page for companies to check the verification of the patients,
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  ADHS responded

When voters passed the Medical Marijuana Act, there were very specific things set for ADHS to do. ADHS does not have any authority over employers so it wouldn’t be appropriate to have a page on the ADHS website to report employers. This may be something you would want to speak about with an attorney.

2. Brochure on Patient's Legal Rights

In light of the police raid this week on a Gilbert resident who was handcuffed and treated like a criminal when he was a registered ADHS MMJ patient, how is the Dept. of Health going to notify the police department on how to first check the registry to see if a patient before they come to your home with a warrant and a full SWAT team?

Link to the article:
    http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/gilbert/article_c059bc82-9935-11e0-9ebd-001cc4c03286.html

Mr. Humble you need to get together with our Attorney General and clarify for the patients and caregivers are to be treated respectufully and lay out their rights to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The system was set up in the law passed by the voters; section 36-2807 specifically says law enforcement can only check the numbers on a card. ADHS established a secure, password-protected, web-based verification system for use on a 24-hour basis by law enforcement personnel. ADHS notified law enforcement agencies on April 06, 2011, explaining how to register for the online validation system. The AMMA did not give law enforcement the ability to search for names. Because of what the voters passed, there is no way to change the access except through legislation that furthers the intent of the voter initative.

3. I'm a100% Disabled Veteran, the V.A. Doctors are not permitted to; so what do I do?

I've been on Morphine for a number of years, and it still does not always work. I can't see a V.A. Doctor; so, who do I see? And where? I live in a Rural area far from the big cities. It's quite a drive and gas money to go anywhere. Can you Help me?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS is not permitted to release a list of doctors who have certified patients for medical marijuana use per the statute. You may want to look online for physicians in your area.

4. State Sponsored Clone and Seed Store/Dispensary

Why doesn't the state run it's own clone and seed dispensary? That way QP's and QC's can receive clones, seeds, and teens (mature plants) for free without having to deal with shady people or having to worry about doing anything illegal.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All the authority given to the state was done in the initiative passed by the voters. There was no provsion for the state to own or operate any business.

5. operator rating

After having a really bad experience with online operator 18 for the MMJ program, I really want to see if any other applicants have the same problem as I do with this operator 18.

18 take very long time to response after conversation initiated and almost feel like operator has logged off.

But #18 does an excellent job of chasing people away by refusing to help. Operator stated that "not able to look into info" but refused to pass it to the representative for research. "Just wait!" and "there is no supervisor here"

Operator 18 need to be retrain in…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. license to grow medical mera

need info on goowing the stuff.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ADHS does not have any information or expertise on growing marijuana

7. Please make the forms so that a current patient can change his/her form as soon as possible.

Being a brand new program with the rules very hard to understand at first, many people I know of made mistakes in the way they initially filed for their patient or caregiver card. Please make the change forms available as soon as possible so that these cards are actually usable. I, for one, am in pain every day and would benefit greatly from medical marijuana, but find it impossible to get it or grow it myself without making a change to my card. Please help to alleviate my and others pain by making a change form available to the public.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At the point you were requesting it, each change had to be made individually and took quite a bit of staff time. The Change Application Search is now available under the Patient Application. We appreciate your patience and hope that the new function will make the process easier for all.

We anticipate that the Medical Marijuana Program online change feature to be available in the next few weeks. In the interim we are honoring requests for individuals that may want to change their cultivation status or to add/designate a caregiver. You may contact us at m2programsupport@azdhs.gov. This email account is monitored continuously for custom issues. Thank you for your patience as we continue working diligently to launch the change feature.

8. bureaucracy at its worst

this was such an easy application process. i couldn't talk enough about how streamlined and modern and simple and intuitive the applic for my medical marijuana card was.

that is over. the government has stuck their nose into something that works and perverted it into something that is a chore, especially for those of us that are sick and can't run all over town to jump through your hoops. you are actually trying to prevent me from getting my medicine. shame on you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Grow rights

There should be no limits on the growing of cannabis other than what would violate others. If I grew 50 plants so that I would have enough fresh, raw leaves to juice (and consume without any psychoactive effects, not that it should necessarily matter) regularly, without infringing on any rights of others no group of people ought to be able to deny me this inalienable right. This is called living in a free country.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Arizona Medical Marijuana Act that was passed by the voters has the grow limits within it. We don’t have the ability to change the law.

10. Help for Fixed income clients

Will ahcccs be helping disabled, chronic pain clients ever get assistance in obtaining medical marijuana, like they do with Morphine, Duregesic Patch, Oxycontin, etc

And help with the cost of a card?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since medical marijuana is still a federally controlled substance, it will not be a benefit of the federally provided insurance programs run through the state, AHCCCS. The other drugs you mention have been approved by the FDA and are prescribed through a regulated system.

11. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. Right now, we are not considering any changes to the fees on the state level. ADHS does not have any connection with what a physician charges.

12. We need more practical legal information.

Why isn't there any further or more detailed information on the AG's move against the legally passed proposition? Why IS he doing this, do we pay him to exercise and spend our time and money fighting for and pursuing his own ideals? We need to know what our state government is up too, after all,... they do work for us. This info could help a patient decide whether or not to even disclose their condition to the state because we could all be gathered up as co-conspirators if the AG succeeds in convincing our voters that AZ will suffer "Federal…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please limit your comments on here to feedback about the Department of Health Services. You may want to send these comments to the Attorney General’s office for response.

13. Dont turn Medical cannabis into Big Pharma - keep growers legal

First off, thank you for this great web page and feedback section, and thank you for all your work on the MMJ program.

That said, The 25 mile rule must be repealed. There are no benefits to the patient with this system, only to the monopolized Big Boys. These people will rob Arizonans, not help them. The plan worked much better without the dispensaries. Either get rid of the dispensaries, or the 25 mile rule. Please dont turn honest growers into criminals, this is not what we the people voted for!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually it is what the voters decided. The 25-mile rule is part of the initiative that was passed by the voters.

14. I feel I was scammed.

When I paid $150 to the State of Arizona for my MMJ card, I wasn't aware that the State of Arizona was also going to sue, to keep me from getting my medication. The laws are written as such, that I have to find a caregiver willing to give me marijuana, of which to date I have found no takers.
       Since the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program has been halted by the same people that issued my card, am I entitled to a refund, or at least have my mmj card pro-rated until I can purchase medicine legally? 

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no provision for refunds, because it was an application fee that was used when you applied. You can still obtain medical marijuana if you need it. You may ask to be authorized to grow marijuana for yourself or use a designated caregiver.

15. How come I am not entitled to any compensation for the medication I produce?

I have spent 1000's of dollars on the best equipment to grow medical grade marijuana, countless hours learning how to produce medical marijuana, and many more hours educating other patients about medical marijuana. Why am I not entitled to any compensation for the knowledge and services I provide?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters last November does not allow a person to grow marijuana for-profit. If you are a caregiver, you may be entitled to reimbursement for your expenses under the law under 5e.

16. Regulations for those around MMJ dispensaries

Regulations for families that want to have the air quality tested in their homes near these caregivers and dispensaries. Who to call when you see greenhouses being built and not enough electrical support to them which in turns causes an explosion and fire less then 10 feet from my child. I read your website protecting the MMJ people but is there any support for those being affected negatively who do no use MMJ? We should have rights, our children should have rights.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dispensaries will have to comply with local zoning rules – you should see what regulations your city or county has in place.

17. Include PTSD and Social Anxiety to list of Medical Marijuana patients

Medical Marijuana is being proved to be much safer than other pharmaceuticals in treating these issues.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s important that people who have scientific information about the viability of marijuana as a medicine provide it to the Department. We have a form set up to make it easy http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VFSKND7
    Posting anecdotal infomration in the form or on this forum will not impact the department’s decision.

18. Video Updates

Hi Will,

How about some current video updates? The last update is when the last draft rules were posted.

Patients would like to hear you speak about the current situation and what is being done to implement the AMMA.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can subscribe to updates through the website. As soon as anything develops, you receive an email. That’s much faster than waiting for us to produce a video. Thank you for the suggestion though.

19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for expressing your opinion. Until there is a decision about the federal law, ADHS will continue to provide cards, but not license dispensaries.

20. 25 mile rule conflicts with Prop 106

25 mile rule should be amended/removed. This is why:

Besides the fact that it is unconstitutional and that dispensaries will create a monopoly, it is in direct conflict of Prop 106 that was recently passed. Here is a quote about prop 106:

Proposition 106 was proposed to amend the Arizona Constitution by barring any rules or regulations that would force state residents to participate in a health-care system.

The fact that I would be forced to go to a Dispensary rather than produce myself, is forcing me to participate in a health care system.

That is already known

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The law passed by voters included the 25 mile requirement. Until that law is changed by voters, the legislature, or there is a judicial ruling, ADHS must enforce the law as written.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base